Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have had it with this kid!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
My 7 year old dd is an attention seeker. Doesn't matter if she has attention or not. It's allergy season and her younger brother has allergies, that are pretty bad, so he gets allergy medicine for them. My dd has been trying to get meds since her brothers allergies have started. How this kid is doing this is by waking up or not going to sleep and at 2 in the god damn morning, going into the bathroom and crying until somebody comes in to see what her god damn problem is. This started a fucking week ago.

When it started she claimed a stomach ache, she was begging for medicine. The next morning, she was fine and had forgotten about the stomach ache. Next night she does it again, but it's no longer a stomach ache. She sought me out, no crying or anything to tell me she threw up really bad. To which I call bullshit! I have dealt with her when she is really throwing up and she doesn't come seeking me out, she becomes this overly dramatic useless can't do anything for herself slithers on the ground type of kid. Anyways, for this whole week she has been faking sick because her brother is getting meds and she isn't.

I've fucking had it with her. I'm tired of her constant lies. One of these days she is really going to be sick and is going to die of something 100% curable because she lies so much. I have no idea what to do with her. I've tried talking to her and explaining that her behavior is not acceptable. I've tried to tell her medicine isn't something you want, etc. and yet she is still pulling her bullshit. Has anybody else ever dealt with a child like this? How did you do it? I'm begging for help.

Also, I'm 500% sure she isn't sick!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

take her to a child psychologist, before she really develops some serious issues...she sounds like she's on the verge of becoming a hypochondriac

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I find this post very sad:(

scold-01
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Try giving her some one on one time, that is fun for both of you, a few times a week....But keep explaining to her that she can't take medicine unless she is truly sick....that the meds  could possibly hurt her unless she truly needs them....

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

so do i

i read it as her dd is trying to get attention and is being ignored almost

Quoting Anonymous:

bhow
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I would like to give you my take privately, please message me if you want to know what we have been through.

How2Be

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh no! She's sick! Momma, put the little baby girl in bed and do not let her move! Remember, she's sick! So sick that it only comes at night! I'd do that for a while... but then I also wouldn't trust anything she says- and would become her shadow, annoying her, bc she likes to lie about things so big.

happymommy1105
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Sorry we have the opposite problem at our house
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:37 AM
It doesn't matter how much time I spend with her, how much time my husband spends with her, nothing. She has made the comment that she wants to be the only child, she hates her siblings, and because she isn't the only kid in this house she hates my husband and I. I don't know what to do here.

Quoting scold-01:

Try giving her some one on one time, that is fun for both of you, a few times a week....But keep explaining to her that she can't take medicine unless she is truly sick....that the meds  could possibly hurt her unless she truly needs them....

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:38 AM
So you think throwing up isn't related to a stomach bug? Wow some people really are too stupid to be parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:40 AM
I will not give her the attention she wants. She wants medicine and the "poor pity me I'm sick" kind of attention. She wants to be taken to the doctor for everything, she wants medicine for everything. It's not about her wanting attention in the way you are thinking. She wants the I'm sick attention. She gets attention without us acknowledging her fake illnesses.

Quoting mommysangelface:

so do i

i read it as her dd is trying to get attention and is being ignored almost

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)