Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've never really understood spring cleaning..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I don't get it..what do you do for "spring cleaning" that you don't do every other season?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Air out the house
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
when I do a day of spring cleaning I usually have all my windows open and I'm drinking wine early in the day while cleaning in an old pair of my husband's underwear
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:00 PM
So spring cleaning is basically just opening the windows?

Quoting lnrmom: Air out the house
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:03 PM
I spend the whole weekend with the windows and doors open, candles lit, music going. I go through all the closets, dressers, cabinets. I filter through all the crap that we don't want or use anymore and donate it. I deep clean the bathrooms, the carpets, the kitchen.
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I put winter stuff up and bring out the warmer weather things....

Clothes, kids toys, beanies and gloves get traded for baseball caps.....

This involves a lot of washing, packing, storing, reorganizing.... Since we buy and discard new things every year it also involves finding new ways to store, donating and tossing things...

I also do a major deep clean around this time and air out the house, I also do that throughout the year, but it's part oft spring cleaning as well...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Open up the house and let the funk out. I can't wait till it's warm enough!!
Kerannmer
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Spring cleaning for me: screens back on the windows, wash all the windows (inside & out), put winter gear away (skates, skiis, snow stuff, etc.), yard clean-up, lots of powerwashing (house, patio, deck, dock, cleaning out the garage. So much more but there is always so much to do, lol.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:05 PM
For me its decluttering. Going through everything and getting rid of stuff that I don't want or need or doesn't fit anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommathea
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I clean each room in the house till spotless.   Starting from dusting cobwebs down from the horrible popcorn ceiling.  The ceiling fans, windows, curtains, dust and wash the walls, dust and wash all furniture, wash windows inside and out and vacuum the screens, vacuum and shampoo carpets.

We use a wood stove so from October through April the house is dusty no matter how many times a week I dust, and having 5 little ones there is always messes that get missed.  So I take a week, open up the house and work my butt off to make it spotless.  It makes the house so fresh and clean.   

I'm a cleaning addict, and love the freshness of a clean house.  

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I.think it's because weather is nice... I'm in AZ weather is nice all the time, except summer
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN