Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Age difference in a marriage/relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 164 Replies
1 mom liked this

Be honest - do HUGE age differences in marriages/relationships creep you out?  I'm talking like 10+ years.

I think it creeps me out more when its an older woman with a younger guy but older guys with younger girls makes me cringe as well.

There is a woman in my son's cub scout troop who is dating a guy who has got to be at least 15 years younger than her and he even admitted at a recent camp out that he was not old enough to physically be her daughter's dad.  They aren't married which makes it even weirder for me on camp outs because they (obviously) sleep in the same tent and one of the other parents actually mistook him for her son.   

Another one of my guy friends from college married a lady in her late 40s with kids in college and we're barely 30.  She posted a pic of herself sans makeup on Facebook (seems to be the trend today) and I'm like... eeeek!  I mean my friend definitely wasn't a "ladies man" in college but I didn't think he was desperate enough for love that he'd marry someone that much older than him.   Reminds me of American Pie (though at least the mom was pretty in that movie) 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
As long as they're consenting adults, it's not my business.
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Me, personally, do not like that big of age gaps(10+ years) I know for some it works out but i know it wouldn't for me. It creeps me out thinking that they were legally able to drink when their future partner was just starting middle school.
Nothing against those in that kind of relationships, I'm just saying that's how I feel about it. As long as they are both happy I suppose.
Msgme
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Doesnt' bother me in the least as long as everyone involved is an adult.  dh and i are 7 years apart and i've gotten some looks from time to time altho 7 years is not really a big deal now.

SexyBurlapSack
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:52 PM

BF is 20 years older than me. 

Mmackay
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:53 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm 40 and my husband is 28. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Seven years doesn't really bother me much either but it's when it's like 10, 15, 20 years that I'm like, really?

Quoting Msgme:

Doesnt' bother me in the least as long as everyone involved is an adult.  dh and i are 7 years apart and i've gotten some looks from time to time altho 7 years is not really a big deal now.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:54 PM
3 moms liked this
DH is only 3 years older than I. My BFF is only 3 years older than her oldest stepchild. That is CREEPY!!
the.warden
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband is 14 years older than I am. And personally I don't give a shit who doesn't like it. Mind your own business
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:55 PM

As long as it isn't my kids/grandkids .....I don't care what the age difference is .

zeenah
by Zarah on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Dh is is 25 years older than me. I have thing for older men.

"Dance is the poetry of the foot"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)