Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is this rude? would you do this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies

OK, so DH and i are looking to move. We have been looking at houses now for a few months and have not found anything we like. We want to stay in a certain area, thats where our businesses are. 

Anyways, theres a house that we LOVE, we were in it for a kids bday party once. Theres new people living in it now. The house is in a great location too!

the house backs up to 20 acres that we bought a few years ago, so that would become our "backyard" we wouldnt have to build a home like we originally planned. prperty taxes would be $10,000 les a year. 

Their house is worth $350,000, it sold 4 years ago at $299,000 we would offer $400,000. they would be saving us the cost of building and cheaper property taxes. it would be sooo worth it!

Is it rude, if we go to the door, ask them if we could buy their house & make them an offer?

We want this house soo soo bad lol.

what would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
If someone came to my door and asked me that id close the door in their faces and call the cops if they didnt leave.
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:00 PM

That pretty weird & kinda rude

RTMJDNTARDIS
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:01 PM
4 moms liked this

im never the majority when it comes to 'is it rude' its very hard to offend me.

I would personally have NO problem if someone came and asked me that. I would either accept the offer, or politely turn it down but i would not think you rude to ask.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're polite and not pushy it should be ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:01 PM

I would think you were crazy and call the cops if you ever came back near my house.

Gorilla_Mama
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:02 PM

It's really weird. If someone did that to me, I'd shut the door in their face.

AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Kinda weird. But Dh has a truck, we constantly have people knock on the door and ask to purchase it. So all they can say is No, right?

ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:02 PM

if it's not for sale i wouldn't do it but i dont think it's rude. i think my dh and i would just be like no and have a good chuckle about it lol... but thats all

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Yes. It is. They obviously see the same thing you do in the house. Why would they give it up?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:02 PM

How long have they lived in the house? And how do you know if its still the same way as when you saw it???

I had people come to my house and ask if I was going to sell it and I called the cops because I thought they are "casing my house"....I wouldn't go to the house and ask them anything....if I were you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)