Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom told me that she took 5 Xanax last night and hoped she didn't wake up......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

I honestly don't know what to do to help her or make her feel better. She is already seeking counseling. Her and my father have been married for over 35 years and he is a very uplifting Christian person. She said that she wants to be happy like he is all the time and feels she will never live up to that so she picks fights with him and puts him down. She watches my 3 boys and my niece while we work and she told me all this when I called to check on them- during my break. I am really worried about her and have no idea what to do??

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:19 PM
You can call her local police and have them decide whether to put her on a psych hold if she really is a danger to herself.
Michaelsmom0522
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:19 PM
I don't know, honestly. But in the meantime I wouldn't have my kids over there. Good luck.
j3st3r
by Jedi on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:20 PM

She needs to tell her physician what she's done so they can pull her rx for xanax.

Also, it sounds like she shouldn't be watching kids.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:22 PM
2 moms liked this
5 xanax isn't even close to lethal and the fact she told you means she's reaching out, not really trying to kill herself. Encourage her to talk to you or even better, a therapist.
homeschoolmom9
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:23 PM
My mom doesn't stuff like that all the time... I just ignore it
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:23 PM
For 5 xanax? It won't happen. And I speak from experience.

Quoting Amybelle:

BIMOM21
by Andi on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Yikes, I wouldn't let her watch my kids the day after taking them. The residual effects alone are hard to deal with, let alone while having children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I would have her taken to a psych unit for suicide watch. She made an attempt on her own life and she is reaching out to you for help. She needs real help.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:27 PM

She would NEVER watch my children again. You need to tell your father and let him get her the help she needs. He can call her doctor and let him know this info

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)