Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My SIL lost her baby last month and we all have to pretend the baby is alive (true story) not a troll I swear

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 193 Replies

She lost her baby with stillbirth at 7 months last month. She saw the baby and even held the baby. the baby was not breathing and obviously dead. Some how though her mind shut down and she was still talking while she was holding the baby like it was alive. well the doctor her husband and all of us immediately knew something was wrong. they got the in house psychologist to see her and have diagnosed her with some long worded disorder but in short she believes her baby is still alive. I thought this meant she would be hospitalized but the therapist believed this would just traumatize her more so he sent her home because he said she was no danger as long as someone was always with her.  I want to be helpful so I volunteered as long as they said they would send her other two to their grandmother house while all this was going on. I don't think the kids should see this. They did. So I go every other day and stay 12 hours while her husband works and its really weird she like acts like there is a baby in the house. She hears the baby cry. She goes upstairs and feeds it and there are even diapers in the diaper genie. She pumps her breast and stores in in the freezer and then makes bottles. The more I see this the less healthy i think this is. How long are they going to let her do this? They have her on medication. honestly not to sound selfish but its hard for me to watch. I can only imagine how hard it is for her husband. Sad. Does this sound wrong to you too? Have you herad of a therapist doing this?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:47 PM
25 moms liked this
Um, I think a second opinion is warranted. I'm all for letting grief run its course, but that seems like it would make it much worse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:47 PM
7 moms liked this

Sounds more like she needs inpatient treatment, and for everyone to stop being in denial about her condition

firebird78
by Lilly's mom on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Sorry.......:(
I have no idea though
J.M.O.
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:48 PM

I am so sorry mama. I have no idea what I would do. Here's a bump for more helpful advice. 

Loveavision
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my, that's terrible. It honestly sounds like a Lifetime movie. Good luck to you, and your family.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Ummm... Get her to a different dr ASAP! Hugs and good luck.
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:49 PM
That's so sad.
askyourmother
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
That is not healthy and I wouldn't go along with it. Get her into the hospital.
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Wow, that is incredibly crazy and sad. Reminds me of All Dogs Go To Heaven, I think it is, where an old blind dog carries around a slipper thinking it's her puppy. I've never heard of anything like this in real life.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
That doesn't sound normal.

Hope everything works out for the family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN