Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shes pissed... I guess my scheme to ruin the wedding worked

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
1 mom liked this
My soon to be sil and bil are suppose getting married in two weeks.

I was suppose to be a bridesmaid. I found out I was pregnant shortly after she asked, I knew I'd be at 36 weeks (in 34 weeks now) on the day of the wedding but since its only an hour away from home and the reception wouldn't be long my it would've been fine for me to do it.

But now, I'm in the hospital... I went in to labor again.

The first time was at 27 weeks and I was put on bed rest after that. I told her that being on bed rest my doctor said it would not be wise for me to travel even though it would only be an hour away since I'm such a high risk. (My diabetes automatically dropped me into high risk. But going in to labor majorly upped that risk.). But, after talking to me doctor he said it would be fine, if I stayed off my feet, which would mean I'd have to sit during the ceremony, not stand like she wanted, she had a fit and refused to talk about it again. She told me her sister was going to be my replacement. Dh would still be bils best man and id just be attending the wedding with everyone else where I could sit...

I went into labor 3 days ago. And am now in the hospital, and will have to stay until I reach 38 weeks and can be induced. (However, if I go into labor again they won't stop it, doctor thinks stopping it again would do more harm than good. And I may need to have her earlier.)

Now obviously I can't attend a wedding from the hospital. And they're worried that I may end up needing to have the baby earlier, and are monitoring her very closely. (I'm having to spend most of my time on the fetal monitors. They put me on for 3 hours at a time, take me off for an hour, and then put me back on.).

So now dh won't be there to be bils best man, and bil wants to post pone the wedding until I have the baby.

Dh, fil, dd and I are his only family and he doesn't want to get married without us all there. Dh doesn't want to go while I'm in the hospital, and fil wouldn't be able to handle dd long enough to take her with him, so fil would be the only one us attending.

I told dh that he and dd could still go, they'd only be an hour away if I needed him to come back and if he couldn't be here instantly I could call my friend to stay with me until he could.

Dh refuses.

Bil said that he doesn't want dh to leave town while I'm in the hospital either.

So apparently bil told her that he wants to either move the wedding to a local church so that dh and dd can attend without leaving town. (She wants to have it at a park in the other town. 20 guests total.)

Or, wait until I have the baby and am
Able to go to the wedding. (Apparently he really wants me there too..... I knew dhs attendance was important to him but I didn't realise mine was so important to him.....).

Well I didn't find out that he wanted to move the wedding until today when stb sil showed up.

She was pissed and saying that I have completely ruined her wedding since bil won't get married the day she wants unless its in town and won't get married in the place she wants unless they wait until I get out of here. She insisted I should've told her a month ago if I wasn't going to be able to attend.

I told her that a month ago I didn't know I was going to end up in the hospital. She insisted I had to know. So I said

"Yes. Your right. I completely planned this. I made sure to get pregnant right before you asked me to be your bridesmaid, then willingly went into labor at 27 weeks so I could drop out of the wedding party. Then I purposely caused my self to go in to labor again just so I could end up in the hospital for the next four weeks. Yup. I purposely put my baby's Health as risk in order to fill a diabolical scheme to ruin your wedding. There, now you know the truth. Happy now?".

She stared at me then started calling me names.

I told her she needed to leave.

Then dh, bil and dd walked in. (Apparently dd, age 2, really wanted
To see me.).

Bil asked her what she was doing, then she started yelling at him about me and about how this is all my fault.

He told her she needed to either calm down or leave.

She called him a few names and told him it was ridiculous to move the wedding just because we can't be there.

He told her that if she couldn't understand why it was so important for him to have his whole family there than maybe they shouldn't be getting married, and then she stormed out.

She called 15 minutes later, bil talked to her for a few minutes. Then hung up. Apparently she is now pissed because he didnt follow her out...

.....I guess my non existent diabolical scheme to ruin the wedding must've worked....

Eta- the wedding is suppose to be in the park.

20 guests. 15 for her. 5 for bil. (Dh, me, dd, fil and Ron.).

No reception.

All guests live in town.

For those asking if she's always like this..
She's been ok, but when they started planning the wedding she started freaking out.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:57 PM
3 moms liked this

What a bitch. What kinda person stresses a pregnant woman in that condition out?!?! It's not your fault her df made that decision. I understand her frustration but geeze, maybe your BIL is dodging a bullet by not marrying her. Hard as it is keep calm & focus on bringing home a healthy baby! Good luck mama. 

chicagoliz
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow.  My only thought is that if the wedding was planned just before you found out you were pregnant, your BIL and SIL to be could have moved the wedding way back at that time, either up or back a few months.  I mean, if your attendance is so important, why wouldn't they want it to be during a time when you weren't about to pop?  

At least your BIL knows now, before the wedding, what he's getting himself into.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Thanks. I understand she's upset... But why can't she understand that it's important to bil that we all be there

Quoting Anonymous:

What a bitch. What kinda person stresses a pregnant woman in that condition out?!?! It's not your fault her df made that decision. I understand her frustration but geeze, maybe your BIL is dodging a bullet by not marrying her. Hard as it is keep calm & focus on bringing home a healthy baby! Good luck mama. 

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:59 PM
She sounds like a peach.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Bil wanted a February wedding at this one church that he attended as a child. But sil didn't so he went with what she wanted

Quoting chicagoliz:

Wow.  My only thought is that if the wedding was planned just before you found out you were pregnant, your BIL and SIL to be could have moved the wedding way back at that time, either up or back a few months.  I mean, if your attendance is so important, why wouldn't they want it to be during a time when you weren't about to pop?  

At least your BIL knows now, before the wedding, what he's getting himself into.  

j3st3r
by Jedi on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:01 PM

damn.  that's some next-level planning.

Off topic: My mom was my aunt's MOH.  She found out she was pregnant (with me), so they changed all the dresses so my mother could have a maternity dress.

I was born hella early, so by the time of the wedding, my mother's gown was huge on her.  My great-grandmother bought her a dress at Penney's off the rack.  The color was like four shades off, and the length and style were similar.

I am pretty sure my aunt is still angry about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Yeah.... She's always seemed ok.... Until halfway through the wedding planning... In understand she's upset but sheesh...

Quoting FoxFire363: She sounds like a peach.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Yup. I must be fabulous at evil schemes... Now if I could be fabulous at not going in to labor

Quoting j3st3r:

damn.  that's some next-level planning.

Off topic: My mom was my aunt's MOH.  She found out she was pregnant (with me), so they changed all the dresses so my mother could have a maternity dress.

I was born hella early, so by the time of the wedding, my mother's gown was huge on her.  My great-grandmother bought her a dress at Penney's off the rack.  The color was like four shades off, and the length and style were similar.

I am pretty sure my aunt is still angry about it.

chicagoliz
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:02 PM

So if SIL had all the information, she went ahead with what she wanted, full aware of the risks.  She can't complain.  

Quoting Anonymous: Bil wanted a February wedding at this one church that he attended as a child. But sil didn't so he went with what she wanted
Quoting chicagoliz:

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Wow...
Hopefully BIL is calling off the wedding for good
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)