Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do people lie about this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this

I hate when people say they dont fight with their spouse. FYI these people brag about it when they arent even asked.. I think thats the most annoying part.

FYI no one believes you! Everyone fights, its actually quite normal and healthy.. So why be ashamed of it?? Of course there is a difference between healthy fighting and unhealthy. But letting off some steam and resolving problems is important. I think people should stop putting such a stigma on this.

I barely ever fought with my ex husband, as a matter of fact we barely talked. He was a jerk and didnt care about our relationship, not to mention he was having multiple affairs.

I have since remarried and my husband and I fight all of the time! lol.. Its not knock down screaming fight matches, but we argue. Its normal to argue and sometimes were pretty passionate about it. My husband actually confessed to me that it turns him on sometimes LOL.. I told him hes a freak. hahaha

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tuned.Out
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe it's the semantics. Some people do not think "fighting" and "disagreeing" are the same thing.

My husband and I have disagreements.Not arguments but disagreements. We are past arguing we both see no point in it.  It's natural to disagree, we've been married 20 years. However we do not fight. Never have probably never will. 

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:05 PM
I really never fought with my husband. It was that kind of relationship.

Now everyone since...yeah fighting. .even if only at the end of the relationship....lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:06 PM

We disagree occasionally but it's usually talked over and done with in a few minutes. There isn't any yelling or name calling, we did that in the early years of our marriage and have matured since then. We prefer to communicate calmly and respectfully to reach a compromise or agreement. So no, if you're talking about a screaming match, I don't fight with my husband.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I see fighting as yelling and name calling.  What dh and i do is disagree sometimes, but we can talk it out like adults without yelling,  so I do say we don't fight,  but we do argue now and then and disagree.

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this
We have disagreements, fights, even D.O.A matches just to get it all out.
And i find him absolutely bangable when he gets really mad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

We disagree occasionally but it's usually talked over and done with in a few minutes. There isn't any yelling or name calling, we did that in the early years of our marriage and have matured since then. We prefer to communicate calmly and respectfully to reach a compromise or agreement. So no, if you're talking about a screaming match, I don't fight with my husband.

We definitely dont name call.. Never have. We are both huge smart asses so thats probably why we "disagree" so much. Its more just playfulness or being a smart ass. We usually end our arguments laughing, neither of us have a problem with apologizing either.

supermama322
by Kaylee on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:08 PM
3 moms liked this
*shrugs* idc if no one believes me. We bicker once in a blue moon about silly things. Nothing serious and never "real" fights. We just get along so well. He's my very best friend. We talk all day every day.
rissat79
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I fight with my SO but he does not fight back
Omg does that piss me off even more! Lmao
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:11 PM

it's too bad that you can't believe what you haven't personally experienced, but there it is.  my husband and I don't fight, we don't argue.  if we have differing viewpoints, we talk about it.  I don't think we've ever disagreed on anything we felt that passionately about.  I married him because we have the same core values and beliefs, there's not a lot to fight about then.

kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:12 PM
SO and I disagree. But we never actually fight. We like to discuss or debate the issue lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)