Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

telling an atheist...

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:04 PM
  • 635 Replies
63 moms liked this
...that they are going to hell is about as scary as a child telling an adult that santa wont bring them presents. ~Ricky Gervais.

Since we are on a religious kick tonight, thought id throw that out there.
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:08 PM
7 moms liked this

As an atheist I never knew why they thought this was going to scare us,  they could be telling me I will walt Disney World as well.  On the other hand I also wonder why so many atheists get offended or upset by it.

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:09 PM
8 moms liked this
Ricky <3
yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:09 PM
3 moms liked this

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Wouldn't a child who believes in Santa be upset if you told them they weren't getting presents from him? But an atheist who doesn't believe in God or hell wouldn't be upset about being told they were going there because they don't believe it exists....

Maybe I just don't get it lol 

EDIT

Oh wait I misread it. It says telling an ADULT that Santa wont bring them presents. OK totally makes sense now!

mary716
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:10 PM
If a child tells an adult that said adult wasnt getting presents from santa lol

Quoting yummypeaches:

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Wouldn't a child who believes in Santa be upset if you told them they weren't getting presents from him? But an atheist who doesn't believe in God or hell wouldn't be upset about being told they were going there because they don't believe it exists....

EDIT

Oh wait I misread it. It says telling an ADULT that Santa wont bring them presents. OK totally makes sense now!

babie113
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:10 PM
So true lol .
lacie9905
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:11 PM
39 moms liked this
I am a believer and all I'm going to say is this: I would rather believe and be wrong than to not believe and be wrong. Eternity is a looooong time.
mary716
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Love him lol

Quoting harpsichord: Ricky <3
Texor
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:11 PM

You don't get it. 

The child is telling the adult they won't get presents.

Quoting yummypeaches:

EDIT

TexTornado
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't stand Ricky Gervais.

yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Ya I edited my reply literally right after I posted it because I realized I misread it the first time. Reading comprehension is not my friend today lol 

Quoting Texor:

You don't get it. 

The child is telling the adult they won't get presents.

Quoting yummypeaches:

EDIT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)