Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Get a Job, Or Don't Get a Job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

Poll

Question: If you were a SAHM, and your SO wasn't making enough money to support you... would you get a job on the opposite schedule as him, or just continue to whine about the money?

Options:

Get a job

Demand he work more

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

So, your SO is working a solid 40 hour week (with the option of one extra 8 hour shift of overtime, but rarely takes it).  His job includes long periods of standing in place, some heavy lifting, and light menial work.  Unfortunately, this is a low paying job.  He hasn't sought other employment yet.  Would you continue to get angry and demand that he work the overtime.  Or would you get a job, even part time, during a time period that he's off to help out until he can find a better paying job.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firebird78
by Lilly's mom on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:21 PM

i'd get a job-who whines instead?

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:21 PM
He would rather I stay at home while he worked more. Not our situation, but dh doesn't want me to have to work. Luckily he only has to work 40 hrs a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting firebird78:

I've seen several posts lately about not having enough money in the house... yet they are a stay at home mom, with 1 kid, or maybe a couple school aged kids.  My sister, also, went through a period of demanding her husband work extra hours.  His job is already very physically demanding.  It irks me that some SAHMs have the ability to work, but refuse to for silly reasons.  only 1 car, day care, or my favorite, I shouldn't have to.  If you're working a different schedule than your SO, the first 2 arguments are invalid.  And the third just makes me want to scream.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Duh, get a fucking job. 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Stupid, lots of stupid in here, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting firebird78:

I've seen several posts lately about not having enough money in the house... yet they are a stay at home mom, with 1 kid, or maybe a couple school aged kids.  My sister, also, went through a period of demanding her husband work extra hours.  His job is already very physically demanding.  It irks me that some SAHMs have the ability to work, but refuse to for silly reasons.  only 1 car, day care, or my favorite, I shouldn't have to.  If you're working a different schedule than your SO, the first 2 arguments are invalid.  And the third just makes me want to scream.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:33 PM
My dh wants me home. More than I want to be home so it wouldn't be an option for me to get a job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Get a job, though I know a lot of sahms say daycare would eat their entire paycheck so...might be counterproductive? Hmph.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I already work a part time job on opposite shifts of my husband's full time job. It works out for us and our daughter can get one on one time with each parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Step up and help your husband. Dont be such an entitled witch. Get subsidy to pay your daycare and work the same hours so you can still hve family time. And screw part time. get off your ass and work full time like a real woman.
MamaBear131716
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:37 PM
I would get a job and I did. My dh works overtime (55+ a week) making well above minimum wage and I got a Job working overnights on the weekend. We rarely see each other now but you do what you have to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)