Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not sure what to tell her! If you know anything about renting, come here.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
My sister is looking into renting another place. The one she's in now isn't through a company. The landlord is crappy, one of many reasons she moving.

She goes tomorrow to the company to put in an application. Here's the problem, she doesn't want to list that she rented before (wants to just list as never rented) I know it will ask. Is there a way she can do that without them knowing?

I don't know what to tell her. I haven't rented through a company so I wouldn't know.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:38 PM
It will show up on a credit check.
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I'm sure it will come out. Why lie? 

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Can't you report shit landlords so this kinda stuff doesn't happen?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:40 PM

the only reason to lie is because she has a poor rental history.  it will show up on a credit check.  why would you want to start a new business relationship based on a lie?

missvissy
by Why not on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I work in insurance and there are reports we can pull to find out just about everything about you. I think rental companies have the same type of thing, I would say that she should tell the truth. She really would only need to be worried if she had been a bad tennant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:41 PM
You look so much like Britney like oh my god! :o

Quoting harpsichord: Can't you report shit landlords so this kinda stuff doesn't happen?
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:41 PM
There will be a big gap in her history. Usually they ask where your last two addresses were. Also, if they find out she lied, they will think she has something to hide.
copperked
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:41 PM
I would be honest if I were her. My first landlord was crappy and tried to rip me off and I've been honest about it to subsequent landlords when it came up and never had a problem. I have very high recommendations from my landlords since.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:41 PM
How would that show on a credit history? She pays in cash, and it's private landlord.

Quoting Anonymous:

the only reason to lie is because she has a poor rental history.  it will show up on a credit check.  why would you want to start a new business relationship based on a lie?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)