Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I kinda feel sorry for her.......but I kinda don't.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I came across a post on facebook today asking for donations so a mom can fight for custody of her kids. The fathers of her children won custody in family court, so now she's trying to get them back.

Do these people even know what they're asking? By donating money, we're helping her try to take the kids away from their FATHERS. I mean, good God, this isn't the 1950's. I don't pity children raised by their fathers, and I don't pity women who lose primary custody. Obviously, the judge concluded their fathers were better able to care for them. These people are complete strangers. I know absolutely nothing about them other than the story attached to the donation site. I'm not going to "take a side" over who is better able to raise them solely on a person's gender.

And apparently I'm not the only one not pitying her, because so far her donation site has raised $0.

And before anyone starts pointing fingers and asking how I would feel in her situation.....I've already BTDT. There was a point when DH and I considered getting divorced. I looked at the situation with a level head and was willing to give him primary custody because he could afford to support them on his salary (and I wouldn't be able to even with CS). I love my children enough to know my gender has nothing to do with their best interest.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:26 PM
4 moms liked this

I think its wrong one parent gets all the custody unless the other parent is seriously a shitty parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:26 PM
What's your point?
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Financial stability was your primary reason for possibly handing over your kids? If your dh/ex dh had a great income, why would he choose not to go beyond CS to help care for his kids?

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

WindBlownOracle
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:29 PM

I too know and think there are many times when the FATHER should have FULL custody. Some mothers suck at parenting.

just because men have a dick, it doesn't make them an inferior parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Income isn't the only part of being the better parent, what other aspects put your husband ahead?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:31 PM
This

Quoting thetrollcat:

I think its wrong one parent gets all the custody unless the other parent is seriously a shitty parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:31 PM
There is no way in hell I would ever give my kids up. Share them yes give them up no. As long as I can work at McDonalds I can support my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:31 PM

My point is the donation site is trying to pull on our heart strings because a mother isn't raising her kids. Their fathers are raising them. Why does one parent deserve custody over the other? Because of their gender? This is 2014. When you get a divorce or break up, it's really the flip of a coin when it comes to who gets custody.

Quoting Anonymous: What's your point?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Wrong. Your point was to tell everyone how much better you are then people in this situation and look for pats on the back.

Quoting Anonymous:

My point is the donation site is trying to pull on our heart strings because a mother isn't raising her kids. Their fathers are raising them. Why does one parent deserve custody over the other? Because of their gender? This is 2014. When you get a divorce or break up, it's really the flip of a coin when it comes to who gets custody.

Quoting Anonymous: What's your point?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Since you don't know the situation you don't get to have an opinion or assume she is a bad mother.  Money only has so much to do with being a suitable parent and you were willing to give up your children over it instead of being a mother and working it out without walking away so you don't get to act high and mighty about anyone else's situation.  Judges aren't always right and too many are flat out vindictive assholes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)