Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EIC

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
So the less you make the more you get. How is that an incentive to work? Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:44 PM
It's an incentive to stay low and dependant on the government.
dreamarrow
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Obviously it's not although you can work a ton and still get it. How much you make and how many children you have affect whether you qualify for it
vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Yeah. Honestly life was a little simpler when we made less. We made too much to qualify this year. Dont get me wrong, im thankful we both worked our asses off to get off the little PA we took and got the raises we deserved, but being where we are now comes with a lot of disadvantages. Right now the biggest is not being able to afford health insurance :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Yep. DH and I bust our butts all year with our business just to break even. Meanwhile others have pt jobs or one working parent and they get 8 thousand

Quoting dreamarrow: Obviously it's not although you can work a ton and still get it. How much you make and how many children you have affect whether you qualify for it
fatcat0908
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Actually it is based on a curve, so the more you make withing a certian cap, the more you get.

EX. For a family of 4 they would receive more EIC with an income of 30k than said family with 20k income.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Its just another form of welfare..rewarding the poor for being poor..
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Its all f'd up :(

Quoting vwd_johnson: Yeah. Honestly life was a little simpler when we made less. We made too much to qualify this year. Dont get me wrong, im thankful we both worked our asses off to get off the little PA we took and got the raises we deserved, but being where we are now comes with a lot of disadvantages. Right now the biggest is not being able to afford health insurance :(
anon71
by Momma Squirrel on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:50 PM
It doesn't actually work that way but yes, if you earn too much you don't qualify. I wish they'd do away with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:52 PM
It's really sad, but I qualified for it working full time at a college.
dreamarrow
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:56 PM
That's the government for you. I think what some people get back is excessive/crazy but I don't get angry about it. I really don't see the point it won't change things no matter how unfair they are. It's the sad reality of things.

Quoting Anonymous: Yep. DH and I bust our butts all year with our business just to break even. Meanwhile others have pt jobs or one working parent and they get 8 thousand

Quoting dreamarrow: Obviously it's not although you can work a ton and still get it. How much you make and how many children you have affect whether you qualify for it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)