Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dresses are too short. Help?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
What do tall people wear with "knee" length dresses?

Dresses are very flattering on me and when I get knee length one they are always too short bc im very tall. I have been known to pair them with leggings or to hem them to shirt length and wear them with jeans.

The leggings thing with the dress im kind of over...also tired of turning dresses into blouses.

Suggestions?

I just purchased three that are knee length. I ordered a size larger hoping maybe they would tickle my knees but if they are like all others previous to them they will be a full hand above my knee and thats just too mich leg for me to be comfortable in.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:02 AM
I tend to buy short short dresses and wear them as tunics...
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:03 AM

What is your height?  What you need to do is look for dresses that are typically below the knee so it is adjusted on you to rise above the knee.   You just may need to find a good tailor to add a second hemline depending on the dress.

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:04 AM
You listed my things that I was gonna suggest! Lol

I just treat them like long tops or wear leggings....

That's all I've got, I've never been very confident or comfortable in dresses anyway, being tall makes clothing difficult sometimes!
AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:04 AM

http://www.sexymodest.com/products/skirt-extender

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:06 AM

http://www.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=93442&kwid=1&sem=false

Mashnut3161
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Why not buy longer dresses and hem them to knee length
olivejuice2
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:09 AM
Buy some lace or matching fabric and add a ruffle to the bottom for some added length. Add ruffles to the sleeves or collar if you want it to look more put together.

Get some dance shorts to wear under the dresses, over your underwear.

Find some fun tights. I've seen patterns, lacy, characters, all kinds of things. Look online.

Wear a skirt under the dress for a layered look.

Buy long dresses and hem them up to your knee.
polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:10 AM
I'm short, but I buy long shirts and sweaters at old navy. I've never checked out their dresses, but they might have long sized dresses that work well for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:16 AM
Me too but there is that awkward length...I hem them to fall right at the bottom of my butt cheeks...any longer and I feel like its not in the tunic range like, who am I kidding? But im going on a vacay soon and dresses are just sooo easy and it would be nice to just wear a dress as a dress ya know?

Quoting Anonymous: I tend to buy short short dresses and wear them as tunics...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Maybe buy fabric that goes well or lace and add your own length to it? I've done that for few some were nicer more elegant (nor prom dress elegant, jut pretty) and some I did in a "recycled clothes" style where the colors and patterns work together but do not match.

Quoting Anonymous: Me too but there is that awkward length...I hem them to fall right at the bottom of my butt cheeks...any longer and I feel like its not in the tunic range like, who am I kidding? But im going on a vacay soon and dresses are just sooo easy and it would be nice to just wear a dress as a dress ya know?

Quoting Anonymous: I tend to buy short short dresses and wear them as tunics...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)