Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TERRIBLE TWO'S?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
ALL DAY today dd was yelling "NO" and crying hysterically because she refuse to listen to us. She has never done this before. Am I doing something wrong? I would calm her by talking to her and explaining what shes doing wrong while she was in time out so I could get her to stop. The problem was that we tell her to do something and she completely ignores us and says No. I dont know whats gotten into her and hope it doesnt continue. Any advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Omg my daughter is doing the same thing she will be 3 in june
crumpy_gat
by No. on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:18 AM
Age? Ds is starting this @ 1.5
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:19 AM
2 moms liked this

It's started, big hugs and stay strong.

Heisenberg
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:20 AM
7 moms liked this

I'm going to tell you a secret. Terrible twos doesn't exist. It's myth that veteran moms made up to fuck with new moms. See what I'm supposed to say to you is, "yeah, it's terrible twos. Nothing you can do, it will get better"

This will make you spend your whole year anticipating your child growing out of the terrible twos only to be knocked on your ass when you find out that 3 is worse, but not as bad as 4.

The key to this age is manipulation. Give her two choices as often as possible so she thinks everything is her idea. Second, enjoy this age.....it's all downhill from here. 

Heisenberg
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Also, take lots of pictures of her crying so you can share them with her one day when she becomes a mom.

tisha826
by Tisha on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Mine just turned three, she puts up a fight with anything she doesn't want to do. Mainly whining and ignoring me. Drives me crazy, I hope this phase passes quickly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Today wasnt so bad. I can tell she wanted to act out again and she was showing more control of emotions.
I hope we can get through this and I wish all you ladies good luck:)
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Mines been doing this bullshit since Saturday! I've had to take a birthday party away from her. I feel bad. But I want to jump off a bridge. Thank god my son is good!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Nutrition or routine/sleep

invest time on those two

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:35 PM
I'm in the same boat, and DS turns 3 in may. The last few months have been HELL!!!! But I'm trying to sit back and enjoy this time and remind myself over and over, he's still a " baby" and this too will pass!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN