Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ive been hiding a smoking habit from dh..have you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
I smoke when I drink, and whenever I drink wine at home, I tell dh I want candy or more wine or whatever..and he will go to the gas station, while he's there , I will grab a cigarette and smoke one like there's no tomorrow! Haha stupid I know. Sometimes I will go years without one, then I'll have one once a week. Lol lately it been about 2x a day every 3-4 days.
I just don't want to deal with his questioning. Have you ever hid anything like this from your man?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anon1986East
by Kali on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:15 AM

No, especially when cigarette smoking is hard to hide. I also smoke while drinking, though I no longer smoke at any other time. DH always knows when I've had a cig because the scent clings to everything (clothing, skin and hair). My aunt used to hide it from her boyfriend, for a very long time she thought she was hiding it well but her boyfriend admitted he always knew because she smelled like smoke. The only time he said he couldn't smell it was when she took a shower and changed her clothes right after she smoked one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmao!! He knows. My dad hides his smoking from my mom and all 4 of us kids. He honestly thinks we have no idea. We all know. It's impossible not to. My husband will smoke when he drinks and he thinks I'm clueless. You have to be stupid and have no sense of smell to not know.
saraface5383
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:19 AM
How can he not smell it? Cigs linger like a mother fucker. Do you not kiss, like ever?
BIMOM21
by Andi on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:20 AM
My mom hid it from my dad. Everyone was supposed to quit in the house, my dad was the only one who did. We'd sit on the stairway to upstairs, act like we were just having casual conversation, and smoked. It took my dad 3 years to find out about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:28 AM
Quoting saraface5383: How can he not smell it? Cigs linger like a mother fucker. Do you not kiss, like ever?

I scrub my hands and nails like a crazy person with a nail brush while hand washing. Also I brush my teeth. No we never are intimate anymore.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:45 AM

No, when I was married, I didn't hide anything like that from him. I am an adult and refuse to sneak around like a teenager. He wasn't crazy about the fact that I smoked mj sometimes, but I refused to sneak around. As a matter of fact, one year for our anniverary he took me to a head shop and bought me several one hitters, a grinder, a bong, a Cherry 7-Up stash can and a set of scales made from hemp. He was so excited when he found  out that you can buy the parts to design and build your own one hitter, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:51 AM
I hide my fanfics. I feel like it's something that only high school kids do. I don't want him to know I still write it. It has gotten a lot better! I just want to create my own story.
copperked
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:56 AM
I will be honest, there have been times since I quit where I've wanted a smoke bad enough to consider hiding it from Dh, but it's not worth breaking his trust. He would probably smell it anyway and I would be devastated if he felt like he couldn't trust me. I did cheat (cigarettes, not another person) a couple times while I was visiting my family and I told Dh about it even though I knew he would be mad.
saraface5383
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:58 AM
Your last sentence makes me sad.

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting saraface5383: How can he not smell it? Cigs linger like a mother fucker. Do you not kiss, like ever?

I scrub my hands and nails like a crazy person with a nail brush while hand washing. Also I brush my teeth. No we never are intimate anymore.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:59 AM

No.  If I am adult enough to be legally married and legally get whatever it is that he doesn't like, then I am grown enough to do it in front of him and not hide it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)