Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't have friends

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I am too socially awkward. If I meet someone and we start talking and become friends it doesnt last long. I get jealous when they do other things. I try my hardest to not because I realize there is no reason to be jealous but I do. 

Like this weekend my friend and I were supposed to go out to celebrate my bday. She cancelled last minute because he DH wanted to go do something. I actually started crying because I felt so hurt and jealous. I realize looking back on how I act I am psycho but i still cant figure out how to get over it. 

Eventually it leads to me saying something really stupid and creepy and then people stop talking to me. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WindBlownOracle
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:12 AM
2 moms liked this

The Dude thinks you need new friends who know what it means to be a friend dude.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:12 AM
That's not just socially awkward...sounds like you could benefit from a little counseling
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:12 AM
that was a crappy move on your friends part. i try my best not to break plans with others unless an emergency comes up.
j3st3r
by Jedi on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:13 AM
Have you always reacted this way? Did you have friends growing up?

Do you have good coworker relationships?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:14 AM
That was shitty of your friend to do
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Couseling probably would be good but I dont have the money for it and no one will do it for free. I have looked 

Quoting Anonymous: That's not just socially awkward...sounds like you could benefit from a little counseling

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:17 AM
3 moms liked this

That doesn't seem like anything related to being 'socially awkward' maybe more like you have had a past of really shitty friends.

This may sound stupid but have you ever had online friends? Sometimes they are more reliable than anything else. It's a lot easier to be friends with people online than it is irl because you get so caught up in things irl. Idk...something to consider..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:17 AM

Not always. Just over the last few years. I had many friends growing up but most of us have grown apart. 

I dont really talk to any of my coworkers except what we have to do to get the job done. 

Quoting j3st3r: Have you always reacted this way? Did you have friends growing up? Do you have good coworker relationships?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Have you been able to make friends here?
Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:20 AM
I am in no way asking this to be snarky, but how old are you? I oftentimes associate the kind of behavior you're displaying with someone very young and insecure. It also sounds like you've been hurt in the past by friendships, which might explain why you're so sensitive. Whatever the case may be, you're right, your behavior is very off-putting. You need to find a way to get a handle on it. You NEED friends in your life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)