Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mil pissed about baby #3... Blames me.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:33 AM
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this

So we weren't planning to have more kids for a few years, but here I am knocked up after some drunken St. Patrick's day fun with dh. I don't even remember doing it that night, but apparently dh didn't use a condom or pull out. Stuff happens, although it was a shock we are ok with it, since we always wanted another child, just at a later date.

while my family is very happy and supportive about the news, mil was pissed! She told dh that she wanted a better life than this for him. That we can't afford the kids we have, and have no business having more. (Which is not true by the way, dh makes plenty to support us. We don't use any assistance, and have plenty of money for the kids to have extras such as swimming classes, rock climbing, etc.) she blames me for the pregnecy and basically think I tricked dh into it so I can continue to be a mooching sahm. Additionally, out nephew was born with genetic issues so she feels that we should just be greatful for the children we have, and was should not risk having a special needs child. Personally I would not fear of birth defects keep me from having this baby.

Anyone else deal with this kind of reaction to a pregnency? It's hurtful and I can hardly bring myself to be around mil right now.

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
How do you even know yet?
woodswalker
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this

What does your husband think of her saying all this shit?   I think she's disgusting and should keep her hurtful comments to herself.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM
2 moms liked this

MIL needs to shut up and back away

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:38 AM
You can potentially test very early. I tested ten days after conception and got a positive.

Quoting MotherLady: How do you even know yet?
UnluckyCharms
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Your DH needs to talk to his mother.
TheyAreMyLoves
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:40 AM
I found out I was pregnant with our youngest 10 days after ovulation.

PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Have you had the pregnancy confirmed yet? If so, that is so quick and so different from when I was having babies. :)

MIL needs to back off. You two should try to get along but if you can't, she can at least be respectful.

I'd wait a while and after your feelings aren't so raw and hurt, and let her know that you're aware of what she told your husband (her son). That you're insulted, offended, and that you don't appreciate it.

She wants a relationship with you (and I stress that because neither you nor your MIL can tell your husband WHO he can have a relationship with), she will need to learn how to be respectful and to learn when to keep her opinions to herself.

USMCWifey2011
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:43 AM
How would you even know yet you are pregnant?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:44 AM
2 moms liked this

You're barely 2 weeks and you're telling people? I always found out that soon too but no one else knew until for sure 8 weeks. But why do I have a feeling this is going to turn into "April fools"?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)