Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People think I favor one daughter over the other

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
One of my daughters (T) is special needs and people get the impression that I love her less due to how she dresses.

S is my typical daughter. She likes to dress in clothes from Abercrombie kids. She enjoys that store and I buy what she likes. T however enjoys more kiddish clothes. Clothes that are fun and bright like you would see at Justice. Admittedly her clothes are cheaper but that doesnt mean im spending less on her because shes special and i dont love her as much. I dont know why people make those judgements, they are hurtful.

why would someone judge
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Who is so concerned about what your kids wear?

Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Weird. Why would someone think something like that? 

I'd say whoever said that has issues that have nothing to do with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Family, family friends, and so on

Quoting scarletmeshell:

Who is so concerned about what your kids wear?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:27 AM
I think its the price difference. But that means nothing. Those two clothing stores have way different styles. I would dress her in the other store if she found what she liked there

Quoting Firewoman33:

Weird. Why would someone think something like that? 

I'd say whoever said that has issues that have nothing to do with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Bump
scold-01
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Tell them to mind their own damn business and that your children pick out what they like to wear.....

aimlee
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

thats odd. i would never think someone loved their child more by what store they bought their clothes in.. 

Jozemom
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:34 AM

When my brother and I were teenagers he was extremely preppy and everything had to be brand name. I was more bohemian and I loved the unique home made clothes my mom made me. I would have hated wearing the boring GAP clothes. 

You know you're doing the right thing, and ultimately it's the well being and happiness of your children that takes priority. 

kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Wow. did you tell them that's what they like to wear? Not that it should matter though.

Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:44 AM

That's just dumb. That would mean I love my SS more than I love my own DS's. SS likes brand name clothing. Nike, adidas, hurley, dc, etc. So that's what I buy him. My other 2 aren't really particular and they like shirts with super heros and what not. A lot of their clothing comes from The Childrens Place and I get amazing deals on them. Kids like different styles and with the different styles come different prices.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN