Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Toxic families....

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM
  • 31 Replies

When do you finally say enough is enough and just pull away? What is crossing the line to you? Is it them talking behind your back, or poisoning others against you? What is your line, and when do you finally cut people out of your life who are toxic?

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpaceBallz
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:47 AM

BUMP!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:54 AM

When I can no longer can stand to hear or see them without wanting to blow their brains out.......thats when its time to cut them out of your life.

uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:55 AM
As soon as my kids are brought up.
My babies are the line.
Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:55 AM

When they consistently bring more misery than joy.  And usually it's just misery with no joy.

lalaboosh
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Idk, I'm getting therapy to figure that out. Lol.
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:57 AM

I went ten years without speaking to my mother. I gave it one last shot a few years ago. It was still bad, but not as bad. I went to visit her last month. She saw me nursing my almost two year old. She called me a pedaphile and accused me of wanting to have sex with my son. 

So...needless to say. That was my breaking point. The whole scene was a lot worse than name calling too. It was something out of a horror movie. I almost called 911, she was that crazy and I was scared she was going to hurt my child.

SpaceBallz
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:06 PM

My husband was in my parents neighborhood last week so he dropped by to see them, and my dad went on a rant about how I have anxiety issues and I need therapy. My first marriage ending in divorce was not just my ex's fault, and that both my husband and I need therapy. Oh yes and I am too controlling and I am essentially a bitch to my husband. My husband just sat there with a dumbfounded look on his face, and did not know what to say. My father is on chemo right now so he did not want to argue with him, and he did not tell me for a few days because he did not want to hurt my feelings.

This is kind of how my family has always worked, destruction from the inside by tearing eachother down. When my sister left her abusive xh my dad called him and told him to put my sister in a mental hospital, it is just so dysfunctional. I am wondering how long I put up with the backstabbing and cruel intentions, or do I just take my kids away now to save them from the same cycle?

Oh the best one, we are planning on moving south because we hate snow and want to live where there is limited cold weather....well apparently that is us running away from problems. Huh, what problems? Why is my family so cracked out?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:07 PM
They do sound toxic, it's a good idea to move.

Quoting SpaceBallz:

My husband was in my parents neighborhood last week so he dropped by to see them, and my dad went on a rant about how I have anxiety issues and I need therapy. My first marriage ending in divorce was not just my ex's fault, and that both my husband and I need therapy. Oh yes and I am too controlling and I am essentially a bitch to my husband. My husband just sat there with a dumbfounded look on his face, and did not know what to say. My father is on chemo right now so he did not want to argue with him, and he did not tell me for a few days because he did not want to hurt my feelings.

This is kind of how my family has always worked, destruction from the inside by tearing eachother down. When my sister left her abusive xh my dad called him and told him to put my sister in a mental hospital, it is just so dysfunctional. I am wondering how long I put up with the backstabbing and cruel intentions, or do I just take my kids away now to save them from the same cycle?

Oh the best one, we are planning on moving south because we hate snow and want to live where there is limited cold weather....well apparently that is us running away from problems. Huh, what problems? Why is my family so cracked out?

Marinemom03
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Cut my mom from my life after I realized her talking bad about me to even my exes girlfriend.and says I'm a bad mom,feels sorry for my abusive ex
I'm done
She's out
I don't have a mother
Imagine all the yrs I didn't know this was going on
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:11 PM

That IS toxic and it's good for you guys to move.  I'm so sorry.

Quoting SpaceBallz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)