Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whelp. bit the bullet and ordered the prom dress she wanted. UPDATE! Her in the dress bottom of pg 6

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:50 AM
  • 74 Replies

At first I was not so sure because of how high the cutouts are but I listened to the positive mommas out there and thought ya know, it's only one night.

I'm going to have to see if it can be altered. Small is the smallest size and DD is an extra small. Hopefully it can be.

Here is what we went through to come to the final dress.

First one. She liked it for the most part. She wasn't a fan of the short dress under long lace or the slit being in the middle instead of the side. After we got it home she realized that with the sleves it will be hot and constrict her arm movements. (she moved the slit to the side for the pic)

The second one we ordered and it fit horribly and was just all wrong.

So I had found the last one myself online but was not so sure about the cut outs. I went back and forth and just wasn't sold. Before I post that one I will show you what she said she would do instead.

While it's super pretty and she would wear it again, we decided it wasn't promy enough for prom.

Sooooo without further ado....

The one I just ordered....

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:53 AM
The red one? I'm not a fan. It just doesn't look like a prom dress but then again my senior prom was in 1997.
Docgirl2000
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Its pretty. And if youre having it altered anyway, why not ask if they can add fabrinc under the lace for a little more coverage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Are evening gowns what's "in" at her school? I like the dress, especially because red is my favorite color, but it just doesn't look like a prom dress to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
over40bride
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Thanks! We are going to look into that.

Quoting Docgirl2000: Its pretty. And if youre having it altered anyway, why not ask if they can add fabrinc under the lace for a little more coverage.

moniagee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I like it! I take it she has a gothic style.
over40bride
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:58 AM

I know. It doesn't look that promy to me either but she likes it.

Quoting owl0210: The red one? I'm not a fan. It just doesn't look like a prom dress but then again my senior prom was in 1997.

over40bride
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Thanks!

She likes a lot of styles, bohemian/hippie and stylish goth are two of her favs!

Quoting moniagee: I like it! I take it she has a gothic style.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I will never understand why parents allow their daughters to dress up like call girls for what is basically a sock hop in a dolled-up gymnasium.

over40bride
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM

It's kind of an anything goes but I have been watching some prom 2014 fashion shows online and the gown look seems to be in. That and a lot of sparkles but she's not into sparkles.

Quoting Nicoleb9: Are evening gowns what's "in" at her school? I like the dress, especially because red is my favorite color, but it just doesn't look like a prom dress to me.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the RED better than the dark one. The white one wasn't "prommy", lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)