Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want to get a house with extra rooms because...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I don't want family trying to move in with me. I love them, but they are all slobs, and I would just end up having to clean their mess while working and taking care of my kids.  They also make it really hard to say no. So, I am now looking for a house with only enough space to fit us to avoid guilt trips and yelling.  Am I spineless? Yep.  But, I think I like being spineless better than hearing shit for the rest of my life because I wouldn't let my pill-popping cousin Bart crash here for a "couple weeks" while I clean his frozen burrito wrappers off the floor.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:17 PM
I want an extra room that's just for me. But I don't foresee owning a six bedroom.
Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:17 PM
You have to do what you feel is right for your family, don't let anyone else tell you different.
Mommy383
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Saying no is so hard huh? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:19 PM
We have an extra room for my sewing and my husband's hunting stuff but our families all own their own homes. I would never want someone to love with us.
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:20 PM

We have an office being used by my fil right now. I will be buying a home with lots of space but no one is ever living with us agian. I don't care how much space we have, we have done it for a few people and we are done!

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:20 PM
We have 2 spare bedrooms.

I've never had that problem, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:21 PM

I agree - I've had my spare room filled with crap & call it the "storage" room just to keep all various mooches from the family and friends from asking to stay with us "temporarily".  After going through hell for letting my brother stay 2wks that turned into 3-1/2 yrs, then the following year allowing my grandmother & cousin to stay for a mth or so till they got an apt & that lasted another 2yrs I decided to throw the bed away & stuff the room with all sorts of odds and ends so I won't even have to deal with requests.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Tell Bart to take his burritos to rehab.  And practice sayin NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.........

shamillionaire
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:23 PM
When I had a bigger house I had friends that were always trying to move in with me. I let a few of them and that was a huge mistake!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:23 PM

YOU need to learn to say "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". I couldn't live in a house unless it was huge. I am claustrophobic as it is and need lots of space and light

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)