Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let's talk about first birthdays!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:55 PM
  • 22 Replies

Did you have a small get together for your LO's birthday?

Was it during the morning, afternoon, or around dinner time?

My sons will be around 4:30 on a saturday so I'm not sure what kind of food to have.

Did LO's have fun?

Pictures?

Did you have games?

I'm just curious! :)

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Bout the extent of it...daughter didn't have cake she was sick 😥
KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

We had our children's first birthdays in a park. For ds I served pizza and dd we served sub sandwiches and cake for both.

firebird78
by Lilly's mom on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I have been wondering what to do for my daughter's first birthday too
Can't have a family gathering because we live so far away
Bump for ideas!
NoahsMommy10412
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a small party mostly family but a couple friends came too. It was in the afternoon around 2pm. My son had fun but wasn't really sure what to do. I had no games just food and presents and cake.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:06 AM
We had my sons at chuckie cheese it sucked they threw us in a corner and didn't even decorate
ARPsMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

With my oldest we had a small family dinner (a cookout in MI the start of November). It was on Saturday around 3. No games just the kids running around. With my youngest we had it at ny church on Sunday @ 4. My mom and grandma were in town (my mom got married the Friday before) and we had about 50 people. Served sloppy Joe's, no real games but it was all Duck themed.
ChaiTeaMomma32
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:10 AM
I'm doing build-your-own sub sandwiches, salads, and cake/ice cream. The party will be at 2 so everyone can have lunch and hangout but still have time to enjoy their day after the party. It's on a Saturday.
Redcodex
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:10 AM
We had DDs party at home, around 2. I made tons of food, and had goodie bags for the kids. It was stressful and horrible and I missed most if it. This year I think we'lljust take her a state over to the zoo or kids museum. I'm an anxious person and that sounds so much easier, lol. Happy birthday to your little! Hopeyou all have a blast!
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Thanks everyone!

smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:09 AM

For my oldest we had an afternoon party (around 1 or 2). We had pizza, snacks and cake. It ended up being much cheaper for me to make my own food in subsequent birthdays. 

We didn't do games or anything. I won't until "friend" birthdays come into play here in the next couple of years for my oldest.

For Silas' first birthday we'll do something similar at home as we did for my oldest. Close friends and family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)