Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why doesn't it go on sale??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
I have never seen baby formula on sale. I see baby food, diapers wipes, etc on sale all the time. If someone chooses to ff there is no other option after that.

If money gets tight and they can't afford baby food they can purée regular food for the child. There's alternatives to diapers and wipes too if needed. Not formula though .... Makes me wonder why it doesn't go on sale (or at least here it doesn't. )

Sure, there is WIC but personally if I were to go to the WIC office they would laugh at me trying.

**this is NOT a post to say that's why you should bf... Just something I realized about formula***
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Bump
Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe it's because of the high number of valuable coupons that are already available.

Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Because everyone needs it and people stick to one brand.  Putting it on sale is NOT going to make anyone switch brands or buy more, which is the point of putting it on sale.

People are going to buy what they buy and the brand they buy no matter what.

Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:01 AM
I just googled "Enfamil coupons" and plenty of results came back with coupons.
goodygumdrops
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Similac is on sale at Kroger's this week.  Just happened to see it when putting my list together.  And I know when my youngest was a baby, I use to see it on sale all the time at Kroger's.  

Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:01 AM
I've seen it on sale, when it is I will buy it for the food bank
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:01 AM
I'm guessing supply and demand and the location in which you live. I live in Orlando and I see formula go on sale a lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:02 AM
They don't need to put it on sale. People pay for it regardless.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Formula is needed. People are going to buy it and stick with their brand most likely no matter what so there is no need to put it on sale.

I breastfeed but I am always bombarded with coupons. I give them away.

kookoolala
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:03 AM
I see it on sale. Matter of fact I work at Walmart and have done plenty of ad matches because pick n save or target or woodmans have had it on sale. Plus I have brought it myself in sale before
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)