Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ex making unfair demands

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies

My ex is making demands that he wants to keep our 7 year old until 11pm this saturday because he is going to a bar in my area, and he isn't going to be going there until 11:30. I told my ex that 11 is far to late to have a 7 year old out. 

I told him if he wants to keep him that late that he should just cancel the bar and spend the night at his house with his son. I told him I don't mind him keeping our son until 9:30 but that 11 is out of the question. Am I being reasonable? 

Edit: If my son didn't have to be up at 6 am on sunday I would allow it because he would be able to sleep in. But Sunday's my kids have to be out the door at 7am as I help out with teaching sunday school at my church. I cannot flake out on my responsibility and not show up to teach just because ex wants to go to a bar. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scold-01
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:15 AM

yes, you are being reasonable..especially if you a have previous set bedtime for your son that ex know about....

danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

It's Saturday night. 

And it's a one time thing.

You're just looking for something to fight about.

Let your kid have fun with his Dad and stay up late.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Stick to your guns mama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Danie how am I being unfair? I think 11 is too late for a 7 year old. Then by the time I get him to bed it will be 1am. I am the sole person who cares for my son. Why can't he skip the bar? since he is ncp shouldn't he want to spend the night with his son and keep him overnight rather than run out to the bar? 

Quoting danie24:

It's Saturday night. 

And it's a one time thing.

You're just looking for something to fight about.

Let your kid have fun with his Dad and stay up late.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Ex is obviously an idiot!  Yeah let the kiddo stay up till 11.  That'll work out great the next day especially if you have plans.  I swear some men are idiots!  Stick to your guns mama!

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Why is it a big deal for him to stay up late on a Saturday? Can't he sleep in Sunday?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:23 AM

My son goes to bed at 9pm he is 7. If he was 11 or 12 I would be more inclined to allow it because then he could get himself ready for bed rather than have me wait up for him. 

Quoting scold-01:

yes, you are being reasonable..especially if you a have previous set bedtime for your son that ex know about....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Was he supposed to keep him overnight?
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:25 AM

If it's a one time thing, I'd be okay with it. It's a saturday, he doesn't have school in the morning, and it will be fun for your son to stay up with his dad one time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:25 AM

And you should be asking the same about the father? If he wants to keep his son late so bad then maybe he should skip going to the bar? Sundays are a busy day. The kids and I are up and out at 7 am as sunday I help out with sunday school at church. Which means I cannot skip. 

Quoting Roxygurl: Why is it a big deal for him to stay up late on a Saturday? Can't he sleep in Sunday?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN