Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

taxes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

This year was my year to claim kiddo in taxes. My ex is now asking me to give him a few hundred out of my taxes that I received. I politely declined his request because last year when I asked for some money out of the return he got because our son needed some things he told me no. Now if he actually gave me money last year when it was his turn, I would give him the few hundred as requested. Is this fair? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Is it dor your ds or for your ex? How old os the ds? If he was in his teens id give it straight to the kid or take said ds to spend it on stuff he needs. If its just for ex then no i wouldnt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I don't care why my ex would need it. My son needed stuff and my ex didn't care he wouldn't give me the money either. It's not a one way street. Our son is 7 

Quoting krusesbaby: Is it dor your ds or for your ex? How old os the ds? If he was in his teens id give it straight to the kid or take said ds to spend it on stuff he needs. If its just for ex then no i wouldnt.

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Then no. I wouldnt give him any. Id remind him that when you needed it he didnt help.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't care why my ex would need it. My son needed stuff and my ex didn't care he wouldn't give me the money either. It's not a one way street. Our son is 7 

Quoting krusesbaby: Is it dor your ds or for your ex? How old os the ds? If he was in his teens id give it straight to the kid or take said ds to spend it on stuff he needs. If its just for ex then no i wouldnt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:32 AM

You both sound very immature and your poor kid is stuck in the middle. If only you both loved him more than you hated each other.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:32 AM

That is what I told him. I told him remember last year when I needed help and you said no. 

Quoting krusesbaby: Then no. I wouldnt give him any. Id remind him that when you needed it he didnt help.
Quoting Anonymous:

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:33 AM
I would find out if it was something my child needed. If so, I'd find out what it was and buy it for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Only if he gives you money from his
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:35 AM
He can't expect you to do something he wasn't willing to do. Just say sorry the answer is no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:35 AM

sorry he wouldn't be getting any of it.

bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Yes, it is fair.  Do the two of you actually have fifty fifty custody or is it one of those weird provisions in the CO?? Just asking because I always claimed DS and my sister, she has her daughter 95 percent of the time... alternates years... I told her she really needs to go back to court to have that changed....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)