Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when did your child start using deoderant?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And how did you know it was time for them to start?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Replies (21-30):
littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Ds is 8 &.just started using deodorant. All natural one
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Lucky you! I've never had bad BO but my mom started me around 10. Now that I've had kids, it is worse though.

Quoting Ray-of-Beezy: DS is 4 so not yet, but I didn't start until I was 16 and I didn't even need it, I just liked the smell of it. I didn't start getting body odor until after I had my son which was 21.
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM

My daughters all started wearing it around 12-13 years old.  I never thought they smelled sweaty or had BO...but they just asked to start wearing it.

My sons are 11 and 10....neither of them wear it yet.  They don't get smelly yet, so there is no need.

My4Kidds
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Around 9. Bc they stunk.
mandylin3
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:18 PM

My son just recently started wearing deoderant. He is 10. Honestly, he told me one day that his armpit smelled so I smelled it and, yep, told him it was time to start wearing deoderant. =)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:18 PM
My oldest is 7, and he's having those day. Lol. My middle who is 6, isn't as bad but it's there. What kind would you recommend for a little boy?

Quoting JenD_77:

my oldest is 9 and he has days where he just stinks lol.. we actually got him a lil travel stick when he was like 6 or so cuz he wanted to use one like daddy and since then he has gotten used to using it and his lil brother uses one too and my girls always want to put some one when i put mine on so i usually let them do it themselves. I'd rather they get used to it now than to hound them later.

mewebb82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:19 PM

My oldest is the only one that is there yet. He was 9 and starting to stink.

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Ten.  She told me her armpits stunk, so I bought her deoderant. LOL

mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:19 PM

My 8 year old started using it at 6 because she went through precocious puberty and her armpits smelled like onions. My 10 year old has a stick of deoderant but doesn't use it every day. She doesn't have an adult smell yet. My younger 3 don't have any. 

myhandsomelove
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:20 PM
2/3 yrs. Not because he needed it, he would see his dad and want to do the same. He's 7 now and its habit for him to. Which is great lol get the stinky before it starts lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN