Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when did your child start using deoderant?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And how did you know it was time for them to start?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Hahaha! My middle likes to wear his daddy's sometimes but until now, he's never really needed it.

Quoting myhandsomelove: 2/3 yrs. Not because he needed it, he would see his dad and want to do the same. He's 7 now and its habit for him to. Which is great lol get the stinky before it starts lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:27 PM
When ds was 12 and I could smell his pits. We use Tom's of Maine.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Yup lol.  Ds didn't smell really, but now he's all freaked out about smelling good, so I guess it helped lol

Quoting Anonymous: Well that's one way to get the kids to do it... lol
Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Ds is 8 and he started on his own because his teacher said the class stunk.

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Tom of Maine

Quoting Anonymous: I would prefer a natural one. Could you tell me what you use for your ds?

Quoting littlecheifsmom: Ds is 8 &.just started using deodorant. All natural one
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM
I think my middle will be good about it if we get him in the habit. My oldest will probably require constant reminders, no matter what anyone says.

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Yup lol.  Ds didn't smell really, but now he's all freaked out about smelling good, so I guess it helped lol

Quoting Anonymous: Well that's one way to get the kids to do it... lol

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Ds is 8 and he started on his own because his teacher said the class stunk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Thanks! I know nothing about boys deoderant. I guess I'm going to learn.

Quoting littlecheifsmom: Tom of Maine

Quoting Anonymous: I would prefer a natural one. Could you tell me what you use for your ds?

Quoting littlecheifsmom: Ds is 8 &.just started using deodorant. All natural one
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM

In 5th grade they got a kit from the health teacher. My son didn't really have body odor yet but he wanted to use deodarant, just not the one that came in the kit.  I bought him one he wanted.

Kristothatina
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:50 PM
When my ds was 9 1/2. Only started cuz his BO was horrible!!! He doesn't need a lot and it lasts him all day thank goodness.
littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Google helped me alot:
Ds is only in 3rd grade. He really doesn't like the strong scented "men" deodorants.
So I opted for the natural for heath reasons & to avoid the strong smells. ( we have plenty of time for that later on). Ds just wanted to not be stinky like gym socks as he explains it. Lol

Quoting Anonymous: Thanks! I know nothing about boys deoderant. I guess I'm going to learn.

Quoting littlecheifsmom: Tom of Maine

kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:54 PM

My kids havent yet, but I know I started using it around 4th grade. I guess my mom started to notice the funk lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN