Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when did your child start using deoderant?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And how did you know it was time for them to start?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Replies (81-89):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:56 PM
My son was two when he started. :/ but he's so in the habit now at eight I'm glad.

Long story short. We went to visit my dad for the first time. Strangers, strange place and jet lag was a bad mix. He started screaming about a bath. My dad took him and got him to bathe quietly. By making him "smell" like a man. It stuck.
allycally
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:58 PM
7 ish he was stinky...they only use deodorant on a daily basis and antiperspirant when engaging in sports
tbanana
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Think he was 8 years old.

LaMerica
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I use 3T Coconut oil, 2T Shea butter, 3T baking soda, and 2T of either arrowroot powder or cornstarch. In a double boiler, melt the coconut oil and shea butter, then remove it from heat. Mix in the pwdered ingredients until smooth and pour into an empty and washed deoderant container, then let it harden for about 24 hours. I let the kids pick whatever combonation of scents they want from my collection of essential oils. My daughter likes lavender, ylang-ylang, and sandalwood, and my boys tend to like cypress and juniper berry, or sandalwood and myrrh. I use patchouli, sandalwood, and ylang-ylang in mine.

Quoting Anonymous: How do you make it?
Quoting LaMerica:

My daughter started using it at 6, my older son at7, and my youngest son at 5. I make their deoderant so that I don't have to worry about the chemicals in it.

Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:23 PM

at about 12 when they started to smell

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :)

Quoting LaMerica:

I use 3T Coconut oil, 2T Shea butter, 3T baking soda, and 2T of either arrowroot powder or cornstarch. In a double boiler, melt the coconut oil and shea butter, then remove it from heat. Mix in the pwdered ingredients until smooth and pour into an empty and washed deoderant container, then let it harden for about 24 hours. I let the kids pick whatever combonation of scents they want from my collection of essential oils. My daughter likes lavender, ylang-ylang, and sandalwood, and my boys tend to like cypress and juniper berry, or sandalwood and myrrh. I use patchouli, sandalwood, and ylang-ylang in mine.

Quoting LaMerica:

My daughter started using it at 6, my older son at7, and my youngest son at 5. I make their deoderant so that I don't have to worry about the chemicals in it.

MomRocs1102
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:51 PM

yep then the sweaty feet come in.  This just started for us once ds turned 9.  Dh says he growing up, hes a boy while im like OH MY GOSH!!! Congrats on the new addition :)

Quoting Anonymous: I'm learning. I've got a toddler at home and am pregnant. So lately, it's been hitting me that my boys are growing up! And now it's time to start learning everything that goes along with that.
Quoting MomRocs1102:

lol they start school having recess, and p.e and before you know it as cute as they are ITS TIME 

Quoting Anonymous: That's around the age mine are. I expected to have another year or two before we got to that.
Quoting MomRocs1102:

when they start to smell lol, our 9 year old started wearing at 6.  

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Wow that sounds great. I'd love to make my own. Does it work as well as store bought?
& where do you find arrowroot?

Quoting LaMerica:

Quoting LaMerica:

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Ds was 9. He doesnt stink yet but I wanted to be pre-emptive. I buy natural deodorant
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN