• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone ever experience this pain? (health)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Hey ladies I am going to try to keep this as short as possible. I am 30 years old and 29 weeks pregnant with my 4th child. I recently got bronchitis and had to be seen 3 days in a row at my doctor for it. They wanted me to keep coming back to check on me cause the mucus wasnt breaking up in my lungs. My chest was tight and I was coughing awfully bad in attempt to get it all up. They ended up putting me on a steroid, flo-vent inhaler, albuterol for breathing nebulizer, an antihistamine, and a z,pack antibiotic. During all last week I had pain in my upper back where my lungs are, my ribs, chest, and headache all from coughing. Well on saturday night I started to feel.a sharp pain in my belly. On the lower right part of my belly. I took some tylenol and got no relief. By sunday morning, the pain was significantly worse! Sunday around 5:00 pm I had to call my sister to come watch my childten and bring me to the hospital cause I literally couldnt move without screaming and also I was now coughing alot due to the meds I was put on for the bronchitis. I was starting to cough up all the phleghm. Every little cough felt like someone turning a knife in my belly! I was doubled over in tears from the pain! When I got to the emergency room they sent me straight upstairs to l&d to make sure everything was okay with the baby. When I got up there, I peed in a cup and noticed I was spotting! I panicked! The nurse said it could just be from a uti..I tested negative for a uti and the baby was fine so the nurse said it could be popped blood vessells in my belly from the coughing. They sent me back down to the ER where I sat for 12 long hours in the waiting room in agonizing pain crying my eyes out! When they finally called me back, the doctor felt around on my belly and took blood and said that I was probably just constipated! I waited 12 hours for them to say I was constipated??? they sent me home with a prescription for a stool softener..yea well I KNOW its not constipation! So I went to my doc on monday and he says I probably pulled a muscle from.coughing! I am.laying here right nowin agonizing pain! Its burning! And iI dont know what to do! It just burns and burns and burns and nobody seems to be taking me.seriously!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:09 AM
I've pulled muscles coughing during an asthma attack. I've known people who busted ribs coughing hard. It sucks.
Murffsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM

With my last child I had something called pleurisy it had to do with bronchitis...about three days before I had her....it was horrible...I coughed so hard I ended up with a cracked rib....I know your hurting but try squeezing a pillow to your chest and belly when you start coughing it helped me some:) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:29 AM
Yes thats actually what I am doing now when I cough. I take the pillow and put a little pressure on and under my belly.

Quoting Murffsmom:

With my last child I had something called pleurisy it had to do with bronchitis...about three days before I had her....it was horrible...I coughed so hard I ended up with a cracked rib....I know your hurting but try squeezing a pillow to your chest and belly when you start coughing it helped me some:) 

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:32 AM
I have asthma and chronic bronchitis. I have been in extreme pain from coughing. Last year I coughed for 4 months straight. The pain was so bad. I thought I had a uti at one point but it was just my muscles so sore!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:34 AM
I am not sure if its that cause I was told 2 different things by 2 different doctors. I just wish I knew what it was so I can at least know how to deal with it. My doctor told me it was okay to take an ibuprofen and I have always been told its not good when your pregnant. I took one the other day and it gave me relief but I read up on the effects it could have and I will not take anymore. So now im in excruciating pain! At first it was a sharp pain and then it turned into a burning pain! I just want it to stop.

Quoting Anonymous: I've pulled muscles coughing during an asthma attack. I've known people who busted ribs coughing hard. It sucks.
Murffsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:35 AM

I know it doesn't take away all the pain but it did help...I know it sucks...something else that may help ...turn your shower on and let the bathroom fill up with steam...like a sauna and sit for a few mins then breath in cold air... It helped me some also...

Quoting Anonymous: Yes thats actually what I am doing now when I cough. I take the pillow and put a little pressure on and under my belly.
Quoting Murffsmom:

Torihoney5njn
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Sounds like pleurisy to me.
Hope you feel better soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Did it make your belly burn real bad? I mean I am in tears here the pain is so bad.

Quoting LaughCryLive: I have asthma and chronic bronchitis. I have been in extreme pain from coughing. Last year I coughed for 4 months straight. The pain was so bad. I thought I had a uti at one point but it was just my muscles so sore!
TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Sorry mama, bump.
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:47 AM
It made it burn when I peed. Because the sphincter muscles were so tired. It will make my sides sore and burn. It's bad. Ask if you can have cough syrup with codeine.

Quoting Anonymous: Did it make your belly burn real bad? I mean I am in tears here the pain is so bad.

Quoting LaughCryLive: I have asthma and chronic bronchitis. I have been in extreme pain from coughing. Last year I coughed for 4 months straight. The pain was so bad. I thought I had a uti at one point but it was just my muscles so sore!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)