Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Circumcision

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 136 Replies
Ugh I don't know what to do.
I am having a boy in 3 weeks and I'm freaked out about circumcision.

My husband wants him to be circumcised since he is circumcised.
I think that's what I want too.... but I get queasy thinking about my little boy being in pain.

Tell me your experience with it.
Was your son in pain? How was the first few days after? How fast did it heal? Are you happy with your decision? Any regrets?

Let me also add, I don't really give a shit about the comments I might get about how it's cruel. I'm not looking for an agenda, I'm actually looking to speak to moms who DID circumcise.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM
8 moms liked this
Is that really his only reason? Have you researched all the possible side effects?
Are you okay with altering your child permanently because your husband's parents did it to him?
Would you circumcise a girl?
Just make sure you make an informed decision. That's all I have to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katie314
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I had my son circumcised yesterday morning. He slept most of yesterday and was a little extra fussy. I gave him a small amount of baby tylenol to help with the pain. All of today he has wanted to be held and nursed. I was SO nervous before but it hasnt been as bad as I was expecting.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
My DS had it done, honestly he was asleep
During. I know not all babies sleep though. But he's fine now. And honestly I researched it but left the final say up to the one with the penis, his dad...
Heisenberg
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM
5 moms liked this

Bump, my son is intact

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:16 AM

If your husband had lost his finger in a childhood accident, would you arrange to have the same thing happen to your child>?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Was it really raw and did it look bad after? I'm afraid I'll be too scared of hurting him to change his diaper.
Is it a quick healing process?

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: My DS had it done, honestly he was asleep
During. I know not all babies sleep though. But he's fine now. And honestly I researched it but left the final say up to the one with the penis, his dad...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:16 AM
2 moms liked this
lmao!!!! Oh my god. YES I would, duh.

Quoting Anonymous:

If your husband had lost his finger in a childhood accident, would you arrange to have the same thing happen to your child>?

thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:17 AM

I didn't circumcise but I would say this is the wrong place to post this. I would speak to the doctor and ask what kind of pain relief will be provided.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM
My sons are still intact. Dh got circumcised as a kid and says he lost a lot of feeling because of it so he didn't want it for our boys. Recently I talked to a mom on here who's son's was botched. She said it was a horrible experience so be careful about who's doing it.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM
I followed the instructions the dr gave me, he was fussy, but not horrible. I have him
A bit of Tylenol for pain. I want to say it it was a couple weeks to heal

Quoting Anonymous: Was it really raw and did it look bad after? I'm afraid I'll be too scared of hurting him to change his diaper.
Is it a quick healing process?

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: My DS had it done, honestly he was asleep
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)