Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is "enough" for you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

If you had to decide what was "enough" for you in your life (to be completely happy) what would that look like:

• Would the love of your spouse be enough to make you feel fulfilled?
  • Would the love of your family (spouse + children) be enough to make you feel fulfilled?
  • Would you need love of family + love of career to feel fulfilled?
  • Would you need to see your children become successful...

What is the "something more" that you need in life? Is it your workout routine, is it your hobby...

..when you think about what it would take to make you completely happy and feel like you are contributing to this world/life what would you need in your life?

Yes, I'm getting in deep here this evening. lol! Work with me here... haha

=)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:01 AM

bump

katyusha42
by Metal Kitty on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
First and foremost a happy, healthy family. Everything else comes second.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:29 AM

So, let's say you have that...

What comes next? What would be the next thing to make YOU happt? Or are you fulfilled enough to know that your family is happy and healthy?

Quoting katyusha42: First and foremost a happy, healthy family. Everything else comes second.

Heisenberg
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Love, to be able to give and receive it. That's all I need for basic happiness.

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:32 AM

i need a purpose outside of the home. and a social life. right now, I have found the 'something more' that makes me happy. I am on a tv show, i perform in live theater performances, i write music, i act in local movies, i got a job playing a Disney Princess at birthday parties-I get to do all the things that I love. 

I was miserable for 6 years, with my creativity being stifled. I needed an outlet. Once I was divorced and I was finally 'allowed' to do these things agained, I felt fulfilled. 

katyusha42
by Metal Kitty on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:33 AM
My music. That fulfills me the most outside my family. Playing my guitar and shutting out the world. I got my dd a guitar for her bday and am going to teach her to play as well as DS.

I would say my career but I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

But honestly if I died tomorrow and could say that my family was happy and healthy that would be enough for me. I have hobbies and things I love doing but without them in my life is means nothing. Sounds cheesy but they complete me.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, let's say you have that...

What comes next? What would be the next thing to make YOU happt? Or are you fulfilled enough to know that your family is happy and healthy?

Quoting katyusha42: First and foremost a happy, healthy family. Everything else comes second.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:35 AM

10 orgasims in a row during the 1st round of sex......that would make me happy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Knowing my family is happy and healthy and loves me and knows that I love them.

About 10 years ago, nothing was every good enough for me.

And something changed. I don't even know what it was. But looking at my husband and knowing that we've grown up together and still make each other happy, seeing my kids be happy and motivated, and being able to look in the mirror and like who I have become, is more than enough for me. The rest of it is just extra.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Healthy and happy family, of course. This goes for dh and I and the kids.

A small but close circle of good friends and family.

Money. Not for money's sake, I don't care about being rich. I want comfortable retirement funds, college funds, and just in case savings. I want to be able to buy myself new clothes more than once or twice a year. We get the travel bug, I want to be able to take my family exploring in the US and abroad. All that means we need to be earning much more than we do now.

A part time job, or volunteering. It's important to me to have lots of family time, but I do best when I have commitments outside the home.

I think that pretty much covers it. Right now the only thing lacking is money, and I know I'm lucky to have everything else.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Honestly, I don't think I'll ever have "enough" I'm always yearning for the next thing. My life is continuously fulfilling, but I could never expect this moment to be what fulfills me forever. It's like a "bottomless pit" kind of thing. Does that make any sense?

The only thing that is mostly disappointing to me is my career. I enjoy what I do, but not where I'm at right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)