Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you can't control your dog, keep it leashed!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I just need to vent.

I recently got a new puppy, and I live in a huge apartment complex. Behind each apartment buildings they have a big gated in area for dogs. They can be off leash in there as long as they are controlled.

I took my puppy out this evening, and had him on his leash when a woman brought her 4 dogs out, who were not leashed. They immediately ran to me, and we're jumping all over me. They were not small dogs, either.

She tried yelling at them to get them to stop, but it wasn't working. While she would pull at one another was right there. I kept trying to walk away, but it was almost impossible. When I got back in my apartment, I had scratches all over my arms and my stomach.

I'm so glad I have my puppy's first puppy class tomorrow. I just don't even know how you are able to enjoy animals you can not control. I would be mortified if my dogs acted that way.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Bump
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Well.yeah, but you were in the "dog zone" so... Maybe just see who's visiting in there before you enter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:56 AM
I was in there first. I still would think people would teach their dogs not to jump on any one they could see. If not, keep them on a leash.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:57 AM
At least they werent being mean....Some dogs are just quirky and get excited.
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:00 AM
My dog has no manners and jumps on people, she's learning though. If people are around, I keep her away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:03 AM
And that is fine. I understand that it can take some time to teach your dog, but why take out 4 large dogs who have no manners, to just do as they please to anyone? Maybe I'm just strange, but that is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Quoting DanaG70: My dog has no manners and jumps on people, she's learning though. If people are around, I keep her away.
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. If you can't control your pet, keep them on a leash.

We have neighbors who have about 5 dogs and 5-6 cats and let them wander the neighborhood all the time. They chase people and other animals, dig in peoples trash cans, etc. I've called animal control but they refuse to do anything about it.

DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Dogs jumping on people drives me nuts too, that is why I try to keep her away, usual after she calms down she's fine, but until then it looks like I can't control her.
If I had 4 dogs that jumped on people I'd be mortified that they behaved that way.
What drives me nuts is when I tell her not jump on people and tell that it's alright, no it's not damn it!

Quoting Anonymous: And that is fine. I understand that it can take some time to teach your dog, but why take out 4 large dogs who have no manners, to just do as they please to anyone? Maybe I'm just strange, but that is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Quoting DanaG70: My dog has no manners and jumps on people, she's learning though. If people are around, I keep her away.
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
You're completely right. As a pet owner, they're you're responsibility. If she knew she couldn't control them, she should've leashed them.

Who the hell has 4 big dogs in an apartment, anyway?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Mine are always leashed. It bothers me to see dogs unleashed, especially when I'm trying to get mine downstairs to use the grass and the other dogs nearly trip me. I have to pick times of the day when the neighbors aren't home in order for DS to take the dogs out (which he thinks is so awesome). It scares me to think he'll fall down the stairs when the other dogs go out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)