Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you really think people don't change?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
I see this said a lot, but I don't think it's true. People are always changing and evolving. Sometimes it takes more motivation to get some people to change but it can happen, right? The again, maybe it can't happen for some people.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoyl214
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:19 AM

I definitely believe a person can change if they really want to. I've known people who at first, I thought could never change their ways and I was proven wrong...which was great! I always remember something my mom told me...."Don't give up 2 minutes before the miracle"

firebird78
by JKL's mom on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:20 AM

not if they don't want to

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:21 AM

People do change many just get worse some want to change for the better and do.  I think it is much harder for someone who is hateful and mean to change.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:22 AM
I think they can.
But I also believe it's easier to change at different ages. The older you get, the harder it is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:22 AM
It depends. On the situation. I don't think a uses of any kind can change and should be put to death...especially anything with kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:24 AM
I think that's a good little saying. Changing bad habits or even abusive habits is very difficult.

Quoting oliveoyl214:

I definitely believe a person can change if they really want to. I've known people who at first, I thought could never change their ways and I was proven wrong...which was great! I always remember something my mom told me...."Don't give up 2 minutes before the miracle"

Lordgodempress
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:24 AM

They can change...if they want to.  The problem is most people are happy being just the way they are.

Heisenberg
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

People who don't change are boring.

supermama322
by Kaylee on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Nope. Dh and I are great examples of change.
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Yeah I totally think people can change , only if they themselves want to , not if someone else wants them to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)