Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, I wasn't expecting that to happen!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:32 AM
  • 16 Replies
I was at the vets office this afternoon with my dog who was hurt in a fight this morning. As I was sitting in the waiting room alone, the doc comes out to say something and the minute she opens the door her face was horrified and I looked behind me (out of the window) just in time to watch the horror, too.

A semi truck was cut off on the main road in front of the office. The office is on a TINY side street only separated by a small patch of grass from the highway (main road). The truck over corrected, jumped the curb and all of a sudden I lost sight of the truck and just heard a boom and it flipped. Doctor said to call 911 and ran for it.

I was like, wow....that just happened. Thankfully, no body was injured and there was no buildings or anything hit in the process. That kind of stuff never happens when I'm around but I guess it was one of those days.

Eta: my doggie is just fine. This morning at 4am I was woken to a dog fight. Her and my big dog. She has a nice clean laceration on her lip that didn't go all the way through but was deep enough for me to be concerned that it'd need stitches. The afternoon was the quickest I could get in and by that time, it had clotted and closed up enough that she wasn't going to separate it.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Scary. Glad your dog is good.
Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Wow......did the trucker ever see any kind of description of the vehicle that cut him off?
avonleafan
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Oh, my. How scary! Glad they were okay.
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Ahh! Glad everyone is okay! Including your doggy!

newmom121812
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
O wow. Yay for your dog being ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Oh yeah, they stopped when they saw what happened. Thankfully, they had a conscious. I ran out with the vet while a tech took my dog. The aftermath of everything being okay, it was a little hilarious.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma: Wow......did the trucker ever see any kind of description of the vehicle that cut him off?
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Me too!

Quoting avonleafan: Oh, my. How scary! Glad they were okay.
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:42 AM
I am too! I was a little worried about it this morning. It was definitely exposing muscle and when I put my finger in her mouth, it was so close to going through. It was hardly bleeding, which took me by surprise because she's usually a bleeder.

She had two punctures in her ears, too. I felt so bad for her. The big dog always picks on her.

Quoting Halfdeafmommy:

Ahh! Glad everyone is okay! Including your doggy!

Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:43 AM
No....they just felt guilty as hell. If the person had a conscience, he/she never would have cut the trucker off to begin with.

Quoting BeAmour: Oh yeah, they stopped when they saw what happened. Thankfully, they had a conscious. I ran out with the vet while a tech took my dog. The aftermath of everything being okay, it was a little hilarious.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma: Wow......did the trucker ever see any kind of description of the vehicle that cut him off?
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:46 AM
You have a point. Lol

At least they had sense enough to feel guilty. The up side, the cops showed up with a minute response time and I got to shoot the shit with the firefighters I ride with all the time, (after it was all said and done and the vet saw her).

Quoting Alchemist_Momma: No....they just felt guilty as hell. If the person had a conscience, he/she never would have cut the trucker off to begin with.

Quoting BeAmour: Oh yeah, they stopped when they saw what happened. Thankfully, they had a conscious. I ran out with the vet while a tech took my dog. The aftermath of everything being okay, it was a little hilarious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)