Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I have this friend, she has two young children (3 years old and 6 months old) and her house is always disgusting.
Her SO works long hours (usually 12 hours a day, 6 days a week) and she is a SAHM.
In the past I have helped her clean her house and even my husband helped one time (he cleaned it while babysitting. He is OCD and can't stand huge messes)
The other day she told me that they had "spring cleaned", I walked in there yesterday and you'd never be able to tell. There was barely anywhere to walk with all the junk on the floor. There was food caked into the carpet, medicine bottles (not sure if there was anything in them) on the coffee table, clothing in every direction and plate/cups with old food/drinks left on the floor and ccoffee table.
Would you address your concerns with your friend? If so, how?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:57 AM
Just straight up tell her.
EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:00 AM
That's a toughy. I'd be nicecand offer to help for an hour IF they were still working on it. If she said they were done I'd dropvthe subject. Then consider either not going back or call CPS.
katemckenzie
by Kate on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:02 AM

At this point you need to straight up say that "as a friend, I'm telling you that your house concerns me. You claim you clean, but it always looks like this, and it's just not fair to your kids to live this way. I've helped you clean, but you can't ever keep it that way. Someone will see this one day and call CPS, so you need to figure your shit out."

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:03 AM
Wow. Tell her that if anyone happened to call CPS they'd probably take her kids.

My house is lived in but I would NEVER let it get that gross.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Update on this situation;
Around 10 am her SO called me and asked if either my husband or I could help him clean their apartment (he booked today off), my husband went since I have a 9 month old and I don't want her on the floor there.
My husband left at 11 am and is STILL there. It is after 5:30 pm. That is how dirty their tiny, 2 bedroom apartment is!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)