Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking of getting tubal ligation ?!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:06 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hi everyone,

So Im at crossroads right now I'm thinking of getting my tubes tied..... My s/o is kinda pressuring me to get it done ASAP. I'm just not sure how I feel about it I'm 24 yr old and he's 30 we have a 2 yr old dd and she is quite a handful lol. I agree with his reasoning to a extent as we are struggling a little financially and my first pregnancy experience was pretty  horrible the 9 months to the delivery . I know that neither of us really wants another child I want to do it  but then the stories I've heard of the after effects of the procedure holds me back. I want to do it to ease his fear of us getting pregnant again and I'm on impalanon right now . It just sucks because I feel I'm being punished as he just won't do anything with me anymore because he doesn't want to get me pregnant again . I'm just confused on what the right thing to do is I know it's my body my decision but it's also his too idk I'm scared of getting it done . I just don't think it's fair in a way because I'm going to be the one to suffer the side effects and he" ll get what he wants. I need some advice please it's been bothering me a lot lately any advice would be appreciated. Thx.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:09 AM
You're young and only have one child, I would advise against it.
I have mine done (I am your age, but I have 4 children) and it isn't too bad. Sometimes I get sharp pains that radiate down my legs though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Why does he not consider getting a vasectomy?  It is a much less invasive procedure with virtually no side effects.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:14 AM
If he's so concerned why does he get a vasectomy? If he's so against having more kids and getting you pregnant why can't he take responsibility? You're still very young and you may want more kids down the line. Not to be negative but you're only 24 so who knows if you will even be together 5 or 10 years from now. He sounds like an asshole so it's possible that you may decide you don't want to be with him. What if you re-marry or really want more kids in the future? Take more time to think about it.
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Have him get a vasectomy. Less invasive an shorter recovery. Also it doesn't have the side effects.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:21 AM
You'll have a hard time finding a doctor that will do it. You are young and only have one child. I needed it done for medical reasons and I still had to wait till 25 and jump through hoops to get it done.
JennPearce
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:25 AM
I agree that he should get a vasectomy.
CrossStitchMum
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:32 AM
Here in Australia they wouldn't do it. I begged them to do mine at 25 with my last c section and they gave in only because it was my fourth. Any other time you must be over 30 and have had councelling with your SO to make sure it's what you both want
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Don't get them tied unless you're 100% sure you don't want anymore kids later. That said, I had mine tied when I was 22 & have never had one single issue or regret.
Sweetheart_1202
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Thank you everyone for your support I feel better about this issue and feel less pressure now. I didn't think of all the points some have made and you're right I'm young and who knows if my relationship will even last . I am going to discuss this with s/ o and state that I'm too young still and am not going to do it like you said if he's so worried he can get it done since he says he's done w/ kids w/ anyone . I'm doing my part I have implant implanon and overall just don't feel comfortable with doing it. We'll thanks again everyone for your support and advice means a lot. Have a great day everyone !! 

JackieGirl007
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:37 PM

If i had it to do over again, I would just stick with the IUD Paraguard. I had zero complications with that, and my tubal failed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)