• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Completely exhausted.....

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:23 AM
  • 12 Replies

I didn't get to sleep until after midnight, and I woke up 3-4 times after that, due to my 2 year old having some issues...each time, it took me at least 30 minutes to go back to sleep.(par for the course for me)

At 4:25, I was jolted awake by the sound of the shower, because my 9 year old insists that her father got her up to start getting ready for school.(That's really interesting, since he is at work and won't be home for another 4 hours.) Even AFTER I pointed that out, she is still insisting. Argh.

I have politely requested that she look at the clock next time this happens, with the understanding that we are NOT going to be asking her to get ready for school before 5:30 in the morning, unless something very weird is going on. If she can't go back to sleep, to read or something, but not to get up until 5:30.

I am so tired.And I won't get to go back to sleep.My brain is already zooming(Thanks, ADHD), and at 6:30 I have to get my 2 year old up so that we can take the 9 year old to school. Dh gets home close to 10, but then HE is going to need sleep, and someone has to stay up with the 2 year old.

This ROYALLY sucks!

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:25 AM
That blows... I worked till 2 this morning and have to be back for 7
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Yuck! Can you take a little nap? 

mamalynnsmith
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:30 AM
Put a movie in while you nap on the couch. Lock all doors and windows put up anything the child can get into and take a nap.or ask your husband to watch the two year old hor an hour. Or maybe call a neighbor or friend /relative who could watch your child for a few hours.
cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Ack! I hate it when employers do that to people!

Quoting Anonymous: That blows... I worked till 2 this morning and have to be back for 7

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:32 AM

Oh I wish! No...I am afraid to...during the day I have a tendency to sleep really hard.(yet I am a really light sleeper at night), so I very seldom take naps, unless I know that my dh is awake and alert enough to take care of our 2 year old.

Sleep won't likely come for me until late tonight....

Quoting Sparklepants747:

Yuck! Can you take a little nap? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:33 AM
Well, I own the place so it's my fault lol... I had 3 employees call out yesterday.

Quoting cinnamonkiti:

Quoting Anonymous: That blows... I worked till 2 this morning and have to be back for 7

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:34 AM

All of those options sound so appealing! Unfortunately, my exhaustion has never been priority one in this house....Looks like I am going to be investing in a lot of caffeine today! LOL

Quoting mamalynnsmith: Put a movie in while you nap on the couch. Lock all doors and windows put up anything the child can get into and take a nap.or ask your husband to watch the two year old hor an hour. Or maybe call a neighbor or friend /relative who could watch your child for a few hours.

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Lol! Sorry...It sucks when you are counting on people and you end up having to compensate for them.

Quoting Anonymous: Well, I own the place so it's my fault lol... I had 3 employees call out yesterday.
Quoting cinnamonkiti:

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Does your DH go right to bed when he gets home? Usually people need time to unwind first, maybe you can get an hour nap in before he lays down?  

imakehimscream
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:44 AM
That sucks. I have been up since 12 am because my 3 year old has a virus. Now you now I'm tired I just typed her age wrong 3 times lol. I was going to take her to pump it up but not anymore
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)