Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be mad if SM said this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

My 16 year old dd is currently sick. She has strep and her dr thought she may have mono as well so he did some blood work. The mono test came back negative but some of her other blood work is out of whack. The dr is going to retest in two weeks after she has finished her antoibiotics.

Well I was texting her dad and sm and filling them in on what the doctor had to say and how dd is feeling and sm texted back "Awwww, our poor baby. I hope she feels better soon."

I think it's great that dd has a step parent that loves her so much and wants what is best for her. But I know so many women on here would hit the roof if their kids sm said something like that. How would you feel about that comment?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Why do you think others would " hit the roof"?

Constant_Reader
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:41 AM
I'm thinking it's great and great you can accept that! Hope your Dd does feel better, strep sucks ass bigtime!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:42 AM
Because some people have posted that they were pissed sm was left alone with the kids lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:42 AM
I wouldn't even give it a second thought to be honest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Because sm isn't supposed to care about the kid at all according to most of the moms on here. And heaven forbid they actually refer to them as their own in any way.

Quoting Anonymous:

shiny76
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

i'm a stepmom...honest my step kids mom txts me more then their father. knowing she and i, i'd go over and help her out with one of the kids and we'd shoot the sh!t about how her husband is a buttface and so is mine. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:56 AM
I personally would not, but SDs BM would flip... That's her own insecurity though, she's convinced herself that I'm trying to replace her lol. She's insane though.

Quoting Anonymous:

My 16 year old dd is currently sick. She has strep and her dr thought she may have mono as well so he did some blood work. The mono test came back negative but some of her other blood work is out of whack. The dr is going to retest in two weeks after she has finished her antoibiotics.

Well I was texting her dad and sm and filling them in on what the doctor had to say and how dd is feeling and sm texted back "Awwww, our poor baby. I hope she feels better soon."

I think it's great that dd has a step parent that loves her so much and wants what is best for her. But I know so many women on here would hit the roof if their kids sm said something like that. How would you feel about that comment?

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:57 AM

Sounds like dd is lucky to have such a caring SM. :) 

MeaganP
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:59 AM
You can admit it you hate the fact that she said it don't you

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:59 AM
I think that's great :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)