Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

holiday's

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My ex called me saying that he wants our son for Easter. I told him in our court order it is my year to have him, and that I am sorry but I am going out of state for Easter. My ex starting swearing at me and calling me names. Opinions? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Why does he want him? Are you just being bitchy? How old is your son? Did you have him for Christmas? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:04 AM

He had him Christmas, so I have him Easter. As I was saying I am going OUT OF STATE for Easter. It is my holiday so how am I being bitchy? I refuse to give up my son for Easter because my ex had him for Christmas. 

Quoting Sparklepants747:

Why does he want him? Are you just being bitchy? How old is your son? Did you have him for Christmas? 

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:06 AM

I was just asking. Sometimes I do bitchy things to my soon to be ex because I hate him. Lol

Sounds fair to me if he had Christmas. He didn't have to curse at you, that was uncalled for. What an ass. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He had him Christmas, so I have him Easter. As I was saying I am going OUT OF STATE for Easter. It is my holiday so how am I being bitchy? I refuse to give up my son for Easter because my ex had him for Christmas. 

Quoting Sparklepants747:

RadnRem
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:07 AM
Opinions? You gave him your answer.....now ignore anything else he has to say on the matter. Do not respond to him about it.
PoisonEyeV
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Well it's in the order from the court so not much he can do about it. I assume he was there when the court made these decisions and both parties agreed upon these arrangements so...

plus you're going out of state.

The most important thing to do is stay level headed and keep the best interest of your child in mind even if that means giving in and doing what you don't WANT to do. But again, in this case, it is what it is. Make arrangements for him to see your son as soon as you get back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:40 AM

I think the best interest of my child is following the court order. It is not in his best interest to have every holiday with his father. It is fair that we alternate holidays so I get time during holidays as well. 

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Well it's in the order from the court so not much he can do about it. I assume he was there when the court made these decisions and both parties agreed upon these arrangements so...

The most important thing to do is stay level headed and keep the best interest of your child in mind even if that means giving in and doing what you don't WANT to do. But again, in this case, it is what it is. Make arrangements for him to see your son as soon as you get back.

PoisonEyeV
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Alrighty then

Quoting Anonymous:

I think the best interest of my child is following the court order. It is not in his best interest to have every holiday with his father. It is fair that we alternate holidays so I get time during holidays as well. 

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:41 AM

My opinion is.. it's a good thing he is an ex and that you did the responsible thing and went to court.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:43 AM

I don't get how him seeing his father for Easter is going to benefit him. I didn't complain when I didn't have him Christmas. I sucked it up, he should as well. 

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Alrighty then

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)