Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early Morning Confession..

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:55 AM
  • 9 Replies
My alarm scares the hell out of me every morning. Like heart-pounding confusion until I can locate the damn thing in a sleepy, clumsy rush.

I honestly think that that's why my alarm works so well. Normally I shut them off without even waking up, but now that I use my phone & it plays Happy by Mudvayne as loud as possible, I get up on time every morning.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Zombie.Girl
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:59 AM
2 moms liked this
My dh changed his alarm once to the lion king song (the one where you see Simba for the first time) one weekend morning. Lol
It did wake me up and put me in a good mood. XD
mlg1989
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I get startled awake basically everyday(by alarm or by nothing at all) It annoys dh so bad too, I'll just jump and yelp/scream and be like oh...I'm in bed. Lol
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I work nights. They have us working mad overtime. Well after so many 12 hour shifts your body goes nuts.

I will hear my alarm dart out of bed into the hall and stand there in a daze like what's going on? Where am I? Why am I here in the middle.of the day? What day is it?

Then i ho oh, it is another work night i have to get ready. But it is so confusing. To wake up when it is like 1-2pm. Haha
polkaspots
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:08 AM
That song starts out very suddenly. I think I'd have a heart attack. I need a gradual intro for my alarms or I panic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Haha. It does, I jump. One time 3 of my kids had crawled in bed with us at some point, so I was on the very edge of my bed when my alarm went off. Not good.

Quoting polkaspots: That song starts out very suddenly. I think I'd have a heart attack. I need a gradual intro for my alarms or I panic.
polkaspots
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Did you fall on the floor? My father once poured water in my ear to wake me up. I cried and had a panic attack. I am very bad at waking up in the morning.

Quoting .Bad.Wolf.: Haha. It does, I jump. One time 3 of my kids had crawled in bed with us at some point, so I was on the very edge of my bed when my alarm went off. Not good.

Quoting polkaspots: That song starts out very suddenly. I think I'd have a heart attack. I need a gradual intro for my alarms or I panic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine has always startled me, even back when I used a clock radio. 

It's good though because if it doesn't, I won't get out of bed.

Mine is Zero's Theme from Mega Man X right now and it definitly gets me out of bed.  (Clicky for the non-90's SNES gamers)

.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Yeah lol. Your dad sounds hilarious. I'm a night owl, so mornings really suck.

Quoting polkaspots: Did you fall on the floor? My father once poured water in my ear to wake me up. I cried and had a panic attack. I am very bad at waking up in the morning.

Quoting .Bad.Wolf.: Haha. It does, I jump. One time 3 of my kids had crawled in bed with us at some point, so I was on the very edge of my bed when my alarm went off. Not good.

polkaspots
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:24 PM
He's a cool guy. That happened when I was going to work with him as a teenager. I'm a night owl too, which sucks when one of the kids stays up with me, they start to get on my schedule and then I've got a two year old asleep all day.

Quoting .Bad.Wolf.: Yeah lol. Your dad sounds hilarious. I'm a night owl, so mornings really suck.

Quoting polkaspots: Did you fall on the floor? My father once poured water in my ear to wake me up. I cried and had a panic attack. I am very bad at waking up in the morning.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)