Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone with pink eye experience?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Mobile Photo

This is the first time in 5 kids any of them has gotten an eye infection. Dh and I have never had one either.

Dd started getting goopy crust and I thought it was a plugged tear duct but it kept getting worse so I called the doc. They gave us a script for antibiotic eye ointment. This is the third day of the ointment. Her eye is less goopy but the skin all around it is getting much more red and it's lower down on her cheek today than it was yesterday. It also looks like she's getting spots around her eye.

Is this an allergic reaction to the ointment or is the pink eye getting worse or what? The doc said if it wasn't better in 7 days to bring her in, but shouldn't it be looking better now, not worse?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Bump
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Try putting a warm compress on the eye. I have had it several times and it has looked much worse. Poor thing.

Edit: you might also see about giving her baby motrin. It may help with pain and swelling.
JackAttacks
by Angel on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:46 AM

are you nursing by chance? if so you can put BM drops in her eye to help clear whatever infection it may be. BM has some great antibactrial and antimicrobial properties. if not then im not sure what else youcould do. but heres another bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:48 AM
I tried breastmilk in her eye and warm compresses but that didn't seem to help so we got the ointment from the doc. Mommy milk has always worked for little things with my other kids. It just didn't help this time.

Quoting JackAttacks:

are you nursing by chance? if so you can put BM drops in her eye to help clear whatever infection it may be. BM has some great antibactrial and antimicrobial properties. if not then im not sure what else youcould do. but heres another bump.

JackAttacks
by Angel on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM

aww im sorry mama. I hope she feels better soon. i hope its not bugging her too much.

Quoting Anonymous: I tried breastmilk in her eye and warm compresses but that didn't seem to help so we got the ointment from the doc. Mommy milk has always worked for little things with my other kids. It just didn't help this time.
Quoting JackAttacks:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:05 AM
I was thinking about something for pain. She will be fine one minute and then jump and scream the next. I think her eye does hurt.

Quoting KyliesMom5: Try putting a warm compress on the eye. I have had it several times and it has looked much worse. Poor thing.

Edit: you might also see about giving her baby motrin. It may help with pain and swelling.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:08 AM
I would give her something for pain. My SO just got over it and said it was the most painful thing they had ever had.
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:22 AM
It can be very painful. If you can get some of the swelling down that should help with the pain as well.

Quoting Anonymous: I was thinking about something for pain. She will be fine one minute and then jump and scream the next. I think her eye does hurt.

Quoting KyliesMom5: Try putting a warm compress on the eye. I have had it several times and it has looked much worse. Poor thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)