Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 4 year old nephew has

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Silver caps on the majority of his teeth. When he told me about them (he had spent the night and I saw them) he called them his "robot teeth". Then yesterday he mentioned that he had 14 cavities. How does that even happen?

(He lived out of state until 5 months ago so it was a surprise to me the first time he opened his mouth)
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erin708
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:19 AM
Wow. My 7yo had three cavaties and I was devastated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Bottle rot?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM
I would be too.

Quoting erin708: Wow. My 7yo had three cavaties and I was devastated.
sam12796
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Some children have very weak to no enamel. I have 2 children. Both brush and I floss them. Child number 1 had 8 cavities at age 4. Has 2 of those silver caps on back molars. Others were just filled in. She is now 6 and loosing her first teeth. Child number 2 is 5 and has no cavities what so ever. It happens. Unless you know the whole story it is shouldn't be judged. My kids do not drink soda. Rarely have candy. But yet like I said one has poor teeth and one doesn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Bad teeth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:23 AM
I don't know. Its probably not my place to even ask.

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Bottle rot?

Sportbominable
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM

3 of my 5 kids have a lot of caps (not that many). But its hereditary. Most of my family has teeth problems. Our teeth are tightly packed together making it easier for food to get stuck so badly that even floss and brushing doesn't get it. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM
My son teeth have only a very thin coating of enamel. I was a dental tech before I was a SAHM and I take oral hygiene seriously. He has silver caps, not close to that many, but he does have a few.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:26 AM
I stated a fact and asked for thoughts and opinions. I'm not judging.

Quoting sam12796:

Some children have very weak to no enamel. I have 2 children. Both brush and I floss them. Child number 1 had 8 cavities at age 4. Has 2 of those silver caps on back molars. Others were just filled in. She is now 6 and loosing her first teeth. Child number 2 is 5 and has no cavities what so ever. It happens. Unless you know the whole story it is shouldn't be judged. My kids do not drink soda. Rarely have candy. But yet like I said one has poor teeth and one doesn't.

sam12796
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:28 AM

fair enough but I see it a lot on here. People condemning parents for it without knowing the story. I noticed you said you would never ask her why it happened. My story is one of those reasons. I can't comment on his reasons.

Quoting Anonymous: I stated a fact and asked for thoughts and opinions. I'm not judging.
Quoting sam12796:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)