• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Skipping school :)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
So tomorrow , my DH and I plan to take our children on a 3 day weekend vacation and they will miss tomorrow's school day. Shall I tell the teachers and get their homework ahead of time? Or just call them in sick?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:20 AM

If they typically have a lot of homework over the weekend, get it ahead of time.  If not, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

PoisonEyeV
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I write a note the day before in their planner if I know they will be out of school the next day. If they have homework, the teacher sends it home with them that day.

PoisonEyeV
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Also why are you calling them in sick? They aren't 'technically' sick just say you are taking a 3 day vacation...ya'know, the truth?  :P

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I write a note the day before in their planner if I know they will be out of school the next day. If they have homework, the teacher sends it home with them that day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM
A missing day here is a lot of work.

Quoting Anonymous:

If they typically have a lot of homework over the weekend, get it ahead of time.  If not, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:23 AM
I always let my sons teacher know he isn't coming in . ( by email )We communicate often though.
Do your kids usually have homework on the weekends ? If so I would get it and have them work on it during the weekend somehow. Or maybe when you get home on Sunday . But that's me. Do whatever you think is best for your kids.
abecee
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM

I never put a reason WHY my kids missed or will be missing school.  I simply say Johnny will be out tomorrow 4-4-14, or Johnny was out yesterday 4-2-14.   Nothing more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)