Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do u think I'm wrong?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am going in a few weeks. For a complete hysterectomy,I have no family so my SO wants to pay his family member to come in a few hours a day to babysit me when I come home from the hospital.or he says he's not going to work.
I understand this is a big deal but I have a problem with someone coming into our house and cleaning or even just sitting here while I'm recooperating.Besides I'll be drugged up most of the time.and either way it's costing money. I just think I wanna be left alone
This is causing constant argument
Am I being unreasonable?

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmygirls59
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I would hate for anyone other than myself to clean my house! I know where I like everything and I'm not confident in my in-laws to listen to me about that. It's your house and you like things done your way, nothing wrong with that.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this
I am compelled to take a red pen to your post, but I'll resist my grammar Nazi tendencies.

I think it's really sweet he wants someone to look after you, but if your not comfortable with that just tell. Tell him it'll stress you out more to worry about entertaining help.
scold-01
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Not really, if it's how you feel...but woulden't be nice to be able to have someone there just in case????

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea.
no one would be allowed in my house.
PoisonEyeV
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

What about just to appease him have someone come over the first day or so after your surgery. You never know maybe you'll need them there. And if it doesn't work out and you still feel you don't need them, then just say so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Depends. When I had mine I had a infant that needed to be taken care off. I was off my feet for about a week. I woild get up for a few hours but then I would need a nap. so depends on what you need done. I never have had an issue with family coming into much home and helping. If you have young kids then the help woild be good. Hubby can cook dinner and what not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, I can see both sides honestly. When my mom had her hysterectomy, I went to stay with her to help her around the house because she really needed it. She was in a lot of pain and couldn't move much so I cooked and cleaned and brought her things so she didn't have to get out of bed. So you never know, you may REALLY need that extra hand around the house.

However, I can understand being drugged up and having someone you're not comfortable with being in your house with you. How well do you know this person? Is there someone better you can ask?. How hard would it hit you financially if he took a few days off? There were times that I had to help my mother to the bathroom and I know that's not something she would have trusted just anyone with.
Mookeymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
How about compromise? Let him have someone there for the first few days. It is probably more for his piece of mind than yours. I know when I had my surgery my dh was too nervous to have me stay alone for the first few days until he knew I could safely and comfortably maneuver around the house.
mjgm1966
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a complete hysterectomy about 15 years ago.  My mom was here with me when I got home--but really, I think I would have done fine alone.  It is an emotional roller coaster ride.   Good luck to you!

pinkfairy0206
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
No, you're not wrong!! I wouldn't want anyone coming into my house cleaning, especially if jt were a family member and they were getting paid to do it!! That's something that a member of the family should do out of the kindness of their heart!! Also I know every person is different in recovery but my friend had a hysterectomy as well and was up and doing normal routine a couple days later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)