Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going back to college...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
What do I do first? Sign up for classes or apply for my financial aid? It has been 12 years since I've gone and I can't remember.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Go take a visit to the college you plan on going to and make an appointment with a counselor.

jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Sign up first. You won't. Qualify for any aid aid until you've been accepted to a program. But  i agree with pp, meet a counsellor to discuss your options.

ChaiTeaMomma32
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Go to the college and talk with an advisor. Then apply to the college for enrollment. After being accepted, you can file a FAFSA for your financial aid and possible pell grants. Then register for your classes.

Good luck!
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Apply to the college. Once you've been accepted, apply for financial aid. Then you can pick your classes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I did the application for the school and my fafsa the same day.  This was for community college so I am not sure if it is different for a 4 year college/university.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:30 AM

talk with a consular from the college you want to do and they will help walk you through the steps for all that u need

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM
I believe the FAFSA deadline is May 1, so I would make sure to get all of this done quickly.
j3st3r
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Fill out the FAFSA listing any schools you're interested in applying to.  Apply to those schools.  Talk to an Advisor.  Then register for classes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:34 AM

thanks for reminding me to fill out the fafsa!

sarasunshine99
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Meet with an adviser.  They will advise you on all things college.  And good on you sister!  I have my Master's in English but I'm one of those people who could be a full time student forever...read:  nerd!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)