Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Never married moms have no chance because kids come first?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

Do you think it's true? Mainly for single moms who have NO family or friend support. I'm apart of that equation. The only ones I hear that do have a chance of marrying is by dating a lot when they're the ones that have the support of family, friends or even if the child's father is in their life. No fear of calling them up to watch the kids so mommy can go on an outing with a man she met at work or wherever. I on the other hand just have a babysitter. I was asked by a man at work to go out to eat sometime. I politely turned him down, no big deal. 

Why should I go out with a man when that will mean more money to pay my babysitter? So yes I know I'll end up growing old alone. When both kids are old enough to leave the nest, I'll be 45. No man wants a woman that old. Am I right?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:38 AM

With that attitude, sure. 

There are options out there for someone in your shoes. 

Parents Without Partners is just one I can think of off the top of my head.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:39 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm pretty sure you can successfully date in your 40s.
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:39 AM
3 moms liked this
Sorry, I just don't understand the martyr mom thing.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Yeah, it's all over when you are 45. (Snort)

You will be fine. It will happen when it happens. Pay attention to your child and live your life. At the right time, someone will come along.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Ds' paternal grandma is in her late 50's... met a man about a year ago, almost two.

But ultimately yea, I agree. If I didn't have my dad to help, I wouldn't bother going out. I pay for my own dates, so that's about $20 or more... but if I have to get a sitter, that's at least $40 for4 hours- more if it takes longer or the price goes up. Not worth it to me... which is why my last date was a good 6 years ago.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:43 AM

What attitude? Turning a man down just so I can save money by not paying my babysitter on a night I don't work? I'd rather not join an online dating site. That screams desperation and it's risky. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Ok. Then, stay single andd continue to complain. THAT sounds so much better.

Also, PWP is NOT a typical dating site.

Quoting Anonymous:

What attitude? Turning a man down just so I can save money by not paying my babysitter on a night I don't work? I'd rather not join an online dating site. That screams desperation and it's risky. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'm pretty sure you can successfully date in your 40s.

Probably being dated by younger immature boys looking for sugar mommas to pay for their college tuition.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Maybe you had support from your family if you were a single mom. Or you never were. In either case you were lucky. 

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.: Sorry, I just don't understand the martyr mom thing.

mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:51 AM

No, you're not right. My ex husband left us when I was 5 months pregnant with my almost 7 year old. I didn't date for a while. When all 3 of my kids were in school (preschool and up), I did a lunch date with a man whom I'd had some pretty great conversations with. We just celebrated our 3 year anniversary :-) He's the only man I went on a date with since my husband left. I'm glad I waited because if I hadn't who knows who I would have ended up with lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)