• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birthday parties?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

My son is going to his cousins birthday party, they are very close. My ex called and is demanding that he wants to see our son that day and he is demanding I don't send him to the birthday. I told him too bad he already has plans. Opinions? thoughts? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:39 AM

What does your custody agreement say? 

PoisonEyeV
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:40 AM

This is so stupid...just take your son to the party and make plans afterwards for his father to pick him up/see him.

Sara-1989
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:41 AM
I don't take demands.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:42 AM

He gets every friday until Saturday overnight. The birthday is a sunday. If he asks for extra time he needs to ask me. If I don't have plans with my child then I usually say yes. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What does your custody agreement say? 

danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Tell him to take you to court.

If there is no custody agreement yet, he obviously doesn't want to see him that badly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:45 AM

There is a custody agreement. I have full custody he has visits every Friday night into Saturday afternoon. The birthday party is on a Sunday which doesn't fall on his parenting time. 

Quoting danie24:

If there is no custody agreement yet, he obviously doesn't want to see him that badly.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Oh, good.

Tell him to take you back to court if he wants more visitation.

I already read that you let him have extra time when you don't already have plans. That is awesome and he should appreciate that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

There is a custody agreement. I have full custody he has visits every Friday night into Saturday afternoon. The birthday party is on a Sunday which doesn't fall on his parenting time. 

Quoting danie24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)