Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craigslist selling

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I have some imfant and toddler clotheson cl. I wasn't sure how to price them so I posted as mmaro, probably not the smartest idea as I got emails this morning offering $5-10 for lots that are 40-70 pieces of clothing. Most of its euc-guc, some new with and without tags and 2-3 "play condition" pieces/ lot. They're all varying brand.
Any idea on how to price the lots?? Normally I don't sell kids clothes but theyre starting to add up so decided to get rid of some of each size we have and will be selling the rest later on.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:43 AM
I wouldn't take less than $40 for 40 pieces of clothes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:45 AM

i take them the my girls clothes to a childrens resale shop that gives me a gift card based on what i have so i can get more from them and they always have good clothes. but normally i get a dollar a peice and up to 5 for and outfit but if the have tags i can get up to 10 depends on the price on the tag

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:47 AM
I would count them up & do a dollar a piece & round up to get a lot price because people are always going to offer less.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:51 AM
There's a few pieces I'd throw in "free" in each lot, but thought $1 a piece would be too high lol. I just realized I have 2 emails from one lady asking about 2 different sizes, offered $20 each and both lots are almost 60 pieces...

Quoting happymommy1105: I wouldn't take less than $40 for 40 pieces of clothes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:54 AM
The only one we have here is an hour away and from what I heard they really really low ball you and everything has to be in basically perfect condition and almost new or they won't accept it.
Love shopping there though lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

i take them the my girls clothes to a childrens resale shop that gives me a gift card based on what i have so i can get more from them and they always have good clothes. but normally i get a dollar a peice and up to 5 for and outfit but if the have tags i can get up to 10 depends on the price on the tag

lasombrs
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Our local thrift shop sells size 6 and under clothes for 50c a piece regardless of brand or condition. I don't think clothes sell well on Craigslist at all. I get free clothes in awesome condition all the time but I don't buy them and I buy and sell all sorts of stuff in there. Just what I have noticed. Make a price and then post it $10-15 higher. Even if it's a good price people will offer you less not matter what 90% of the time. They need to feel they won the exchange.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:57 AM
See and I was thinking $1 each would be too high lol. I counted it all before I bagged it (I have preemie up to 6 sitting in trash bags in my entry at the moment...) I have someone interested in 2 different sizes so I wouldn't mind going lower to combine them bit they're about 60 pieces each and she offered $20 each

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I would count them up & do a dollar a piece & round up to get a lot price because people are always going to offer less.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:59 AM

the first time i went in there she tired to but i had 2 trash bags full and i wasnt having it but she only said a low amount bcus she didnt want to look at them all but we settled on a price but idk anywhere i live now but i have to go throw my girls clothes since we need to get some summer clothes but that store i went to is 8 hours away now(im really dreading going through the clothes)

Quoting Anonymous: The only one we have here is an hour away and from what I heard they really really low ball you and everything has to be in basically perfect condition and almost new or they won't accept it. Love shopping there though lol.
Quoting Anonymous:

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:59 AM
That seems awful cheap but I guess it depends how bad you just want to get rid of them. I know my daughter takes hers to a consignment shop & gets more than that in credit to buy larger sizes. Do you have anything like that where you live?

Quoting Anonymous: See and I was thinking $1 each would be too high lol. I counted it all before I bagged it (I have preemie up to 6 sitting in trash bags in my entry at the moment...) I have someone interested in 2 different sizes so I wouldn't mind going lower to combine them bit they're about 60 pieces each and she offered $20 each

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I would count them up & do a dollar a piece & round up to get a lot price because people are always going to offer less.
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I mean if a $1 a piece is too high then wtf?

I'm not trying to be mean but seriously you spent your hard earned money on those clothes and at $1 piece you are still probably losing $8-$9 per piece, if not more.

Quoting Anonymous: There's a few pieces I'd throw in "free" in each lot, but thought $1 a piece would be too high lol. I just realized I have 2 emails from one lady asking about 2 different sizes, offered $20 each and both lots are almost 60 pieces...

Quoting happymommy1105: I wouldn't take less than $40 for 40 pieces of clothes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)