Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ex wants custody

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 236 Replies

I have custody of my 7 year old. My ex wants me to agree letting our son go live with him 45 minutes away. I have told him no. He already tried getting custody in court and he was denied.Opinions? 

My ex wants me to do ALL the transportation pick him up for school when his dad has him and drive him to school. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:49 AM

How about a compromise, visitation?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I wouldn't be able to ship my 7 year old off to another house to live.  and if the courts have said no, I'm willing to bet there's a reason for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM

He already has visitation. 

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM
He's not going to get full custody and 50/50 isn't going to work since he lives 45 minutes away. What about standard visitation? Every other weekend, school breaks and holidays?
TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:51 AM

That would be good info to put in the post mama

Quoting Anonymous:

He already has visitation. 

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:51 AM

If he lived in the same town I would agree to 50/50 but living 45 mins away would never work. He already has standard visitation. 

Quoting owl0210: He's not going to get full custody and 50/50 isn't going to work since he lives 45 minutes away. What about standard visitation? Every other weekend, school breaks and holidays?

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Bummer for him?
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:52 AM
What are his reasons for wanting custody and why was he denied it?

Quoting Anonymous:

If he lived in the same town I would agree to 50/50 but living 45 mins away would never work. He already has standard visitation. 

Quoting owl0210: He's not going to get full custody and 50/50 isn't going to work since he lives 45 minutes away. What about standard visitation? Every other weekend, school breaks and holidays?

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:52 AM
3 moms liked this
Opinions about what? You don't want him to have it. Courts said no. What's to discuss?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:53 AM

He wants to be able to see our son all the time. I was awarded custody because I was found to be the better parent. Also we were never married. 

Quoting owl0210: What are his reasons for wanting custody and why was he denied it?
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)